Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video card failure?

Options
  • 27-11-2011 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

I was looking at a pc that had some what I presumed was artefacting on the screen ( 9 or 10 pink dots on the screen). I tried reseating the video card (Asus V9280) and when I rebooted I got an error message re Windows could not start due to hardware change. Tried reseating again and booting a few times.

After that it stopped dispalying anything to screen even though it was starting up. The fan is also still working on the card. Its an AGP card so I dont have another pc to test it out on. Is it likely that this card is damaged beyond repair?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

I was looking at a pc that had some what I presumed was artefacting on the screen ( 9 or 10 pink dots on the screen). I tried reseating the video card (Asus V9280) and when I rebooted I got an error message re Windows could not start due to hardware change. Tried reseating again and booting a few times.

After that it stopped dispalying anything to screen even though it was starting up. The fan is also still working on the card. Its an AGP card so I dont have another pc to test it out on. Is it likely that this card is damaged beyond repair?

artifacting is a tell tale sign that a gcard gpu is failing due to overheating or voltage issues.

buy a new card

Advertisement