Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting gun serviced??

Options
  • 27-11-2011 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

Hi folks

Any recommendations on a place to get my shotgun serviced in the Dublin area
    I'd like to get a complete overhaul

The gunshop I use is "Tallaght rod and gun", not sure if they do anything like that

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Is it a strip down, clean, check, and return?

If so ring ardee sports. They have a good service for this. You can ship through most firearms dealers to them for about €20 return. Of course there is Pat Sludds in Wexford. He does a lot of work on shotguns and would possibly be the best man after Ardee for such work.

Anyone else i think of is either a gunsmith or doesn't really deal woith this service.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭FOXHUNTER1

Ezridax wrote: »
    Is it a strip down, clean, check, and return?

If so ring ardee sports. They have a good service for this. You can ship through most firearms dealers to them for about €20 return. Of course there is Pat Sludds in Wexford. He does a lot of work on shotguns and would possibly be the best man after Ardee for such work.

Anyone else i think of is either a gunsmith or doesn't really deal woith this service.

Pat only does woodwork afaik
    You would need a dealers licence to do services as you would have firearms in your possesion to carry out the work.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Ah. I didn't know that.

You are right thought. If he does not have an RFD license then he cannot legally possess and work on firearms. Ardee is probably still the best bet. I simply do not know of any others in the area the OP asks about, plus Ardee will guaran tee their work.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 46 sporting shot

Best guy I've ever dealt with plus an absolute gentleman is Walter Blacklaw in Wexford. Have had woodwork and mechanical work done with him and his work id first class.

Has serviced and repaired my game gun and did a full gun-fit for me better half. Has cast the stock and would stand over any work.

PM me for details as I'm not sure if I can post his contact details or not. He's a RFD also.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Irish Henry

Pat Sludds in Wexford doesnt work on firearms. He only does the woodwork so go ahead up to him if you need woodwork done. Good guy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement