Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last Ae Inferno Suggestions

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

I know i used to give out stink at the tv over sagat in vanilla

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Vanilla games were more heavily zoning-orientated, combos were longer/took lots of timing, and damage was much higher.

We've realised that this is what made SFIV good despite the imbalances.

?

Super has top tier Guile in it, and besides had tonnes more zoning potential for most characters because Sagat couldn't lock down anymore, Super has more combo intensive characters in it like Ibuki, the execution is pretty much identical between the two. You are correct about the damage though.
    Red350 wrote: »
    Wouldn't say everyone moaned about it, sagat/ryu players are almost exclusively going to prefer vanilla, the game was just built for them.

Maybe not everyone moaned about it, but a big majority of people did. It became this trendy thing to knock 4 and 09ers and go on about whatever obscure fighter was the flavour of the day. All the Ryu players were plenty happy to moan about Sagat too, in general.

That said I wish it had another 6 months or so, I think the game was changing and it was cut down before it's time (which is common of fighting games these days).

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Liquidswords

Ryu > Guile = good game.

Guile > Ryu = crap game.

Any game where charge characters arent awful is crap, is that it?

Nah, I'd take Guile over Ryu any day and Balrog and Bison were both pretty good in vanilla. The other charge characters could all hold their own. All the moaning about tiers has always baffled me, if you know your character inside out you can sh!t on any tier list, they're irrelevant IMO.

The problem with Super and AE is there's too many characters who's whole aura just reeks of fa99otry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

That said I wish it had another 6 months or so, I think the game was changing and it was cut down before it's time (which is common of fighting games these days).

Keep in mind the game came out in August 2008 in arcades, so it did have another 6 months on top of how long we were playing it. I don't know if much would've changed in the SF4 metagame apart from Akuma being considered stronger and stronger really, I think it was pretty well figured out.

There were a lot of characters that hadn't been explored properly by any top players (Cammy, Fei, Gen, Seth, all the console characters really) but I think the gulf in damage output between them and the high-tier characters would've been too much to ever really rise up the tier lists (apart from Cammy maybe, her damage was great).

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭stev0knev022

Getting away from the point of this thread, can we agree on something people would like to play along side sf4 singles on saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

How about Street Fighter II World Warrior?

It is the game's 20th anniversary, after all.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    How about Street Fighter II World Warrior?

It is the game's 20th anniversary, after all.

Im down with that.

Also can i get people to post if theyd be in favour of marvel at inferno.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

World Warrior is terrible, vetoed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Getting away from the point of this thread, can we agree on something people would like to play along side sf4 singles on saturday.

Stevo, if you want a side tourney on Sat, clear it with Dan/Chopper (I cannot see them having an issue), and run one. Might be an idea to bring in your xbox to facilitate?!

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Nah, I'd take Guile over Ryu any day and Balrog and Bison were both pretty good in vanilla. The other charge characters could all hold their own. All the moaning about tiers has always baffled me, if you know your character inside out you can sh!t on any tier list, they're irrelevant IMO.

Balrog was good.
    Chun and Bison where mid tier.
    Honda was low mid tier.
    Guile and Vega where crap in vanilla.

Sagat was f**king obnoxious in vanilla. He deserved everything he got.

• Advertisement

ayjayirl wrote: »
    Stevo, if you want a side tourney on Sat, clear it with Dan/Chopper (I cannot see them having an issue), and run one. Might be an idea to bring in your xbox to facilitate?!

I need some kind of consensus of what people want/would be willing to play first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

I need some kind of consensus of what people want/would be willing to play first.

Ok, I can bring a monitor for you if you need it for the setup if you need it. Let me know (I have no idea what the lag is on it)

I vote for a side vanilla tourney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Dwydwy

I support Marvel ._.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

I vote for kof, marvel. Dont see the point in running sf4 alongside sf4

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Il go for marvel.

Advertisement