Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trouble retaining geoecology essays

• 27-11-2011 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Well lads.
    As part of my xmas tests, my teacher is giving us a soil essay out of three to pick; processes, one soil type and characteristics on soils.

I very good at geography normally but I'm not a real science student in the slightest, physical and regional thats handy but when we hit soils. Just nope, not happening. I find it hard retaining all the information and science terms it's like double dutch (or irish in my case!).

I already tried writing it out, doesnt stick. Reading aloud while writing doesnt work either and just reading it gets me no where.

Anyone else feel the same or have any pointers to retain this topic?
    Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

break the essays down! Do not be learning it in one go, divide it into paragraphs and spend about an hour pure study each day reading over and over and learning key words. You should get this done in the next 2-3 weeks.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

Bullet Points... A few key words can help you remember enough to string a few sentences together :)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭crayon1

If you havent done them yet I find the biomes much easier to remember then soils. There are only really 2 different questions come up so its not as big a work load as the soils.

I get those index cards and write terms out on them and they trigger sentences for me like definitions of the processes. I find Numbered lists easier to remember also!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Reprazent

Cheers for replies folks!

We have not start biomes yet im afraid and they seem a lot handier. It's only these 3 for a school christmas test which starts next week. I'l put use to your tips guys I appreciate it

Advertisement