Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2003 Polo 9N 4 speed automatic issue.

Options
  • 27-11-2011 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭

Howy there fellas, my lil polo is having some trouble. After going for a quick spin i noticed that the car would judder when i lifted off the accelerator at say 60km/h (1500rpm). So i was just cruising along, foot only slightly on the accelerator and whenever I would lift off the accelerator the car would judder. It would only happen in that gear and at that rpm range from what i could gather. I noticed it there last week, but it was barely noticeable, but now its getting a lot more pronounced!

Anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Bit of a bump for this.

It only seems to happen when the autobox is in 4th and it only happens when the car is cruising along at 1500rpm and you lift off. Then the car lurches/judders and then it will be fine. When the car is stationary, and you apply the accelerator, it will rev freely, and you can't replicate it. So i'm beginning to think it's the autobox thats causing it.

The car only just passed the 30,000 miles mark there last week:eek:!

Advertisement