Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air Rifles ?? read please

Options
  • 27-11-2011 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

does anybody know if you can buy these online .. i wanted to get an air rifle for my son for him for christmas so we can go shooting .. does anybody know a website in ireland if you do please post the link to the website in the comments thanks ..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭justin coughlan 1990

does anybody know if you can buy these online .. i wanted to get an air rifle for my son for him for christmas so we can go shooting .. does anybody know a website in ireland if you do please post the link to the website in the comments thanks ..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

You need to get a license for them, the same as a rifle.
    How old is your son?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

You need to apply to An Gardai for a firearms license, and in order to do this you need to visit a firearms dealer, pick a rifle, get the serial number.

It can take up to 3 months or more for the license to come through. For all these reasons you may not be able to buy online. Also for your own sake its best to go to a dealers and look at a few and pick out one that suits.

Lastly your son needs to be over 14 to apply for a training license. If he is over 16 he can apply for a full license in his own name (as such)
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

CJhaughey wrote: »
    You need to get a license for them, the same as a rifle.
    How old is your son?
    16 on friday but he ont realy be using it

Ezridax wrote: »
    You need to apply to An Gardai for a firearms license, and in order to do this you need to visit a firearms dealer, pick a rifle, get the serial number.

It can take up to 3 months or more for the license to come through. For all these reasons you may not be able to buy online. Also for your own sake its best to go to a dealers and look at a few and pick out one that suits.

Lastly your son needs to be over 14 to apply for a training license. If he is over 16 he can apply for a full license in his own name (as such)
    do you know any dealers in ireland ?? or in westmeath even ( thats were i live )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

16 on friday but he ont realy be using it

why get it if he wont be using it?:confused:

Jim McBride, Ballykeeran, Athlone.

Neil, Lakelands, Mullingar.

Jim Griffin, Rahan, Tullamore.

Used to be Gerry Scully's, but unfortunately Gerry passed away a short time ago, and his shop is closed (i think).
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭bazza888

air rifles need a license in down here so you cant get it over the net like in the uk

Jim McBride, Ballykeeran, Athlone.

Neil, Lakelands, Mullingar.

Jim Griffin, Rahan, Tullamore.

Used to be Gerry Scully's, but unfortunately Gerry passed away a short time ago, and his shop is closed (i think).
    thanks a lot i live near ballykeeran

Jim only works evenings so he will be there from 19:30 - 21:00 or 21:30.

• Advertisement

Jim only works evenings so he will be there from 19:30 - 21:00 or 21:30.
    what price would he be doing air rifles that shoot metal pettetls or would you know ?? does he have a website ?

No website.

TBH you can find a lot more range if you are willing to travel. The price can vary from €200 to €1,000 depending on condition, new or second hand, accessories, etc.

I know Sean Harding in Stakelums has a nice selction of air rifles. No website either.

The thing with most dealers is because of the firearms laws in Ireland and how strict and long they can be buying things onlione like in the UK or elsewhere is nigh on impossible.

There are a few shops with websites such as ;

www.shoot.ie
    www.intershoot.co.uk
    www.sportsden.ie
    www.fingalsports.com

Advertisement