Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laptop for graphics

• 27-11-2011 9:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

My sis-in-law needs a new laptop. I've not been keeping track with current developments so I hope someone here can assist. She will be mainly using it for graphics design so needs a good gfx card. I'd be thinking a dedicated graphics card rather than an integrated on with shared memory.

I found this one on the Dell site with a decent cpu and 1gb radeon graphics.

There's this one on Komplett too which appears better value.

This is pretty much her max budget (slightly over it actually) so there will obviously be trade offs. I'm inclined to go with the Acer one of these two: it's a slower hard drive but a faster cpu. The Dell has a slightly better video card though.

Any comments between these two or suggestions for alternatives would be much appreciated.

Advertisement