Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College Doctor/Health Clinic

• 27-11-2011 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

Hey guys

Does anyone know about appointments or if you need to pay if you just walk in without appointments? I've checked the website but doesn't seem to be any opening hours or anything. It's probably jammers at this time of year but if anyone knows about paying with/without appointments it'd be nice to have some clarity before a trek over tomorrow morning :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Eliot Rosewater

You have to make an appointment. In my experience you need to book about week in advance. It's free (but any prescriptions you need to get aren't free).

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭AoifeCork

That was quick-thanks a mil! Good oul mods on the ball :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

If its an emergency you can just walk in and they'll see you then and there! It just depends on what your going to see them for!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84 ✭✭dj_

As long as they aren't really busy you can just walk in and wait (could be up to an hour).

As was mentioned to book an appointment the waiting list is about a week.

I walked in 2 weeks ago and was seen within 20 minutes. It was far from an emergency, all I wanted was a referral from them.

It's free with/without an appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

i've had 2 experiences. first time i walked in without an appointment and had to wait 2 hours.

the next time i rang for an appointment and they said that i couldn't and that i'd have to walk in without an appointment, wait however long it would be and a nurse would asses me and see if it was worth the doctors time, in which case i could then make an appointment

• Advertisement
Advertisement