Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ehhhh wheres the atm ?

Options
  • 27-11-2011 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭

:eek:where have all the atm,s gone ?????
    none of the centra,s have them anymore .
    the one at statoil across from the hospital has vanished too ????????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Onesimus

The government is trying to dissuade us from spending our cash? :confused::D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Looks like Dermot Ahern got what he wanted afterall. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

looks like theres no more cash left after paying dermot his massive pension ?

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭280special

MugMugs wrote: »
    Looks like Dermot Ahern got what he wanted afterall. :pac:

Dermot and quite a few bankers as well....dont forget less cash in circulation means less expensive cash handling expenses and more staff available to sell you nice profitable products !

i seen the creep the other day in blackrock ..
    i think it was this time last year people where demonstrating outside his house in the rain & snow ,,fair play to them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

ehhhh wheres the atm ?

The bank?

Unfortunately the village I live in dosent have a bank !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Lack of ATM's around town is a bit annoying alright. If you are on Park St you have to walk up to either Clanbrassil St or back to the old shopping centre to get an ATM. Strange that there isn't one anywhere on Park St.

Five or six years ago you had the one in Dunnes, the one at the old Bank of Ireland and a couple on Earl St. All those are gone now.

Ok its not a huge deal but say you're drinking in Brubakers late at night and you run out of money and you don't have laser, you're only options are to trek up to Clanbrassil St (Old Shopping Centre would be closed at this stage) or else go around robbing drinks for the night. Horrible choice to have to make to be honest.

I hasent concidered the running out of drink money tbh .
    That's something else to worry about .
    The centra,s south of d town all had boi ATMs and there all gone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

Pighead wrote: »
    Lack of ATM's around town is a bit annoying alright. If you are on Park St you have to walk up to either Clanbrassil St or back to the old shopping centre to get an ATM. Strange that there isn't one anywhere on Park St.

Five or six years ago you had the one in Dunnes, the one at the old Bank of Ireland and a couple on Earl St. All those are gone now.

Ok its not a huge deal but say you're drinking in Brubakers late at night and you run out of money and you don't have laser, you're only options are to trek up to Clanbrassil St (Old Shopping Centre would be closed at this stage) or else go around robbing drinks for the night. Horrible choice to have to make to be honest.

Brus front bar will do you cashback on your debit card if your stuck there again.

• Advertisement

Pighead wrote: »

I know there was one at National Irish Bank that went when they closed the branch.

Come to think of it wasnt the one across from the Hospital NIB as well ? and the one that used to be out the Castle town road in the filling station, think its AIB now ? Maybe they are pulling out all their atms?

Could be because the place is a bit of a Kip. Is there a lot of ATM theft in our fair town?

Tbh, I can't remember the last time I used an ATM. I just use laser and plan ahead if I'll need cash. Two on the carrick road aswell

Could be because the place is a bit of a Kip. Is there a lot of ATM theft in our fair town?

Tbh, I can't remember the last time I used an ATM. I just use laser and plan ahead if I'll need cash. Two on the carrick road aswell

Do you mean people getting mugged when taking cash out of an ATM ? Havent heard about any or read about them in the papers, but then would they be reported in the local papers ? Might not be big enough news ?

Carriack Road ? the Centra (?) and the Filling station? Only any use while they are open, but then with all those ATM withdrawals by JCB you can understand why they dont want them in an outer wall !

Withdrawl VIA JCB is what I meant and the such. We are slowly becoming a cashless society and this seems to be stemming it on.

I think that Dundalk should be fairly safe from demolition withdrawals they seem to target villages and remote locations. I reckon that with the amount of CCTV and the time it would take to get out of the town centre it would be safe enough. Maybe the ongoing roadworks will scare them off !!

But when you look at the time the BOI ATM in Crossmaglen was taken, it is only a few hundred yards away from probably one of the most secure, most monitored buildings in the country. And they still managed to get away with it ! You never know....

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭LOTTOWINNER

You're either incredibly lucky or else you have a crystal ball, never to need cash at short notice.

You're either incredibly lucky or else you have a crystal ball, never to need cash at short notice.

Not really. Most places have the facility for Laser now and cash back is a handy old thing.

I also don't have a lot to give anymore compliments of our fair country. My expenditures consist mainly of Diesel and Food both of which are well budgeted. Bills are Direct Debited and the bank take the rest of that due to the critical mistake I made in 2007 so what else do I need what's left for ? Going out has gone out the window. Lunches are pre made the night before and Coffee is stuck into my cup each morning when I am leaving home. My cigarettes are now roleys and the tobacco for that comes from abroad saving me a wee fortune.

All in all, we are a cashless society. Whether by choice or not :(

Not really. Most places have the facility for Laser now and cash back is a handy old thing.

I also don't have a lot to give anymore compliments of our fair country. My expenditures consist mainly of Diesel and Food both of which are well budgeted. Bills are Direct Debited and the bank take the rest of that due to the critical mistake I made in 2007 so what else do I need what's left for ? Going out has gone out the window. Lunches are pre made the night before and Coffee is stuck into my cup each morning when I am leaving home. My cigarettes are now roleys and the tobacco for that comes from abroad saving me a wee fortune.

All in all, we are a cashless society. Whether by choice or not :(

I agree, things aren't easy at the moment! But last Sunday I was having car trouble miles from home (in the dark) and luckily this kind soul got me back on the road, and producing a laser card to him would not have helped, but fortunately a shop close by had a teller machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭PCwiggum

what annoys me is the one's that are still "working" are more than likely to be out of servive. I tried 5 yesterday between dromiskin and dundalk before I got one with money in it...had to withdraw an extra 20 bucks to pay for me deasal:mad:

PCwiggum wrote: »
    what annoys me is the one's that are still "working" are more than likely to be out of servive. I tried 5 yesterday between dromiskin and dundalk before I got one with money in it...had to withdraw an extra 20 bucks to pay for me deasal:mad:

is there a cash machine left in dromiskin ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭PCwiggum

I don't know if the one in centra is still there, but I never seen it working when it was there so I gave up even looking ages ago

PCwiggum wrote: »

I don't know if the one in centra is still there, but I never seen it working when it was there so I gave up even looking ages ago

It's gone !
    A former member of staff there told me that they filled it themselves anyway .
    So it suited them To have it empty .
    It meant you had to buy something and try and get cash back at the counter .
    Not the most friendly staff either .

It's gone !
    A former member of staff there told me that they filled it themselves anyway .
    So it suited them To have it empty .
    It meant you had to buy something and try and get cash back at the counter .
    Not the most friendly staff either .

And that's the truth! It's like the shop in the league of gentleman.

And that's the truth! It's like the shop in the league of gentleman.

ohh dear lord you noticed it too. lol
    i once went in there and picked up a box of beer on special
    yer one at the till tried to charge me full price
    when i mentioned it on offer for 20€ ,,see its on the box here .
    i thought she was gonna murder me

Those in shop atms act as a means of depositing cash. You stick a grand in then its effectively been lodged with the bank. Good idea really.

yeah ive heard that .
    but why are they taking them out of shops ?

No idea. Assume its for the reason stated above "no atm, sorry. Buy something over ten quid and you can have cash back though"

Tell you what annoys me sometimes, is when you go to the counter having spent maybe E30 or E40 and ask for E30 cash back, only to be told, we dont do that, use the ATM....ie; the ATM outside with 5 people waiting in a Q in the rain !!

Got that fed up with it one time I just said grand, you can put that stuff back on the shelves then and went down the road 100 yards to a much more customer friendly shop !

yeah ive heard that .
    but why are they taking them out of shops ?

Security considerations maybe?

Its strange when you think of it, its one heck of a way for a shop to save on their bank fees...Reduced charges for notes lodged !

And increased footfall in the shop from people who will call in looking for cash, a lot will then spend a few euro, probably on crap the dont /shouldnt need ! :P

• Advertisement

280special wrote: »
    Security considerations maybe?

Generally it's the banks once it's in the machine so if they're robbed (and they legger with the ATM) then it's the banks problem.

Advertisement