Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for some recommendations...

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Right, so that's a no on Brent Weeks so :) Any other recommendations? I have the first "Assassins Apprentice" sitting around somewhere, but wasn't too keen on it after the first 50 pages or so. Worth keeping it going?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Weeks' Night Angel trilogy is awful. The dialogue is just garbage!

That said, his new series is a marked improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

“You’re not shit unless I say so! You’re . . . you’re shit! You shitting, shitting shit!”

“Your Majesty, A man of your stature’s cursing vocabulary ought to extend beyond a tedious reiteration of the excreta that fills the void between his ears.”

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

I just finished the second of the Lightbringer series and they are vastly better then the nightangel series which was his first Trilogy.

I kinda enjoyed the ninja-esq yarn that was the nightangel series and think Brent weeks will continue to improve through the 5 books of the Lightbringer. Waiting anxiously for #3 whenever its gets written.

• Advertisement
Advertisement