Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helmet Camera with nightvision

Options
  • 27-11-2011 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Hey,

I'm not entirely sure this is the right forum but it seems to be the closest I can find.

I'm currently using a helmet camera for using in sports (Tachyon Micro HD, however I'm hitting its limitations with lowlight and nighttime activities and basically am looking to get a helmet camera with low light or night vision capabilities.

The problem I'm having is that I've not really much experience with it so don't quite know what is a good deal or a dead duck and any recommendations or advice would be welcome, even if its just what to look out for.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Well the big player in helmet cams at the mo is the GoPro Hero 2. That'll fare you better but like all cameras will struggle in low light.

Is it something you need to do at nighttime?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I'd be surprised if you could find something affordable. I've also got a feeling the good ones are military and not generally available to the public.

Ask over in the airsoft forum I think this has come up there before but I don't think you'll find anything affordable that's any good.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

The GoPro Hero2 has better low light performance then others but still wont be great once it gets dark. There are some good comparisons on YouTube that will give you an idea of what they can do.

NV can be bought commercially. You can buy a NV monocular in Lidil on their specials and tape your camera to it. Wont be great, wont be very tough either.

What activities are you thinking of?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It will depend on what you are using it for and what you want to do.

There is low-light level TV, passive infrared and active infrared.

Advertisement