Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rathborne Candles Shop - Opening Hours

Options
  • 27-11-2011 11:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭

I know there's a shop in Rosemount Industrial Estate in the Rathborne Candles unit. Anyone know what the opening hours are? Will ring in the morning but if anyone can help I'd appreciate it, can't find the info online.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Called them and they said 9-4 Monday-Thursday and 9-2.30 Friday (closed 1-1.30). Was up there a few weeks ago and they only had some of their Christmas stock in but what they had was fab. Heading up later in the week, I think the shop is totally underpublicised but if candles are your thing...well worth a visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Where exactly is Rosemount?

Are they scented candles like Yankee?

It's the industrial park at the top of the Snugborough Road..Rathborne is Unit 45A as far as I remember, on the left when you get to the 40s, I drove past it once or twice before I found it.

They had fab huge scented candles but also do church candles, nightlights by the hundreds, other scented candles, candle accessories and gifts. Really reasonably priced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

athtrasna wrote: »
    It's the industrial park at the top of the Snugborough Road..Rathborne is Unit 45A as far as I remember, on the left when you get to the 40s, I drove past it once or twice before I found it.

They had fab huge scented candles but also do church candles, nightlights by the hundreds, other scented candles, candle accessories and gifts. Really reasonably priced.

Isn't Rosemount the one where you come to the top of Snugborough, turn right and then left? Not the IDA business park?

January wrote: »
    Isn't Rosemount the one where you come to the top of Snugborough, turn right and then left? Not the IDA business park?

Yes..that's what I'd class as the top of the Snugborough Road ;) IDA is just a little beyond the NAC on the left hand side of the road as you go up the hill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Rathoborne do a whole range of candles, it's one of those businesses which you'd think more people would know about considering:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rathbornes_Candles
    Rathborne Candles is the oldest candle manufacturer in the world. It was founded in 1488 in Dublin. In 1616 the Candlelight Law decreed that every fifth home should display a light for passers-by. Later in the seventeenth century, Rathbornes Candles was contracted to supply street lighting in Dublin. In 2002 it moved from the East Wall Road, Dublin, its premises since 1925, to its current location in Rosemount Business Park, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15. The company manufactures a range of candles, varying from paraffin wax to pure beeswax.

I know...they really don't publicise the shop half enough...especially at this time of year. I only found out about it by accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

They do a lot of business which is trade, from hotels, restaurants, the church candles line
    and then candles in retail chains so I guess they don't feel the need to publicise the shop.

Sharrow wrote: »
    They do a lot of business which is trade, from hotels, restaurants, the church candles line
    and then candles in retail chains so I guess they don't feel the need to publicise the shop.

Was talking to someone who worked there and my feeling is that they do need to publicise it as much as possible as business is down. They're not even opening one weekend before Christmas which is very unusual for them.

Advertisement