Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to study in the city centre?

Options
  • 27-11-2011 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hey,

I'm finding myself up in Dublin during the week and need to do some study for college exams during the day - just wondering where the best place in the city centre would be to go.

Is there anywhere at this stage in the year (before exams) that would have plenty of space for a student to get some reading done? maybe the national library?? Or is study space impossible to find as exams come up and any table space in the city needs to be claimed early in the morning?

Would really appreciate help with this as I find it difficult to study in my gf's appartment, but dont want to get the bus into town to ramble around for a day looking for some place to study - that would certainly not be productive!

Thanks in advance for any help! =]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

empty classroom in your college, best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Gae

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭heresjohnnie

Well I go to UL you see, I dont know the study spots in Dublin - however, I did see on Dublin City Councils website that only people who live in the city can get a card which allows them to study there apparently!?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I did see on Dublin City Councils website that only people who live in the city can get a card
    Use your girlfriend's address.

The National Library's pretty good, as is the research area in Pearse Street Library, but you'll need to tell them you're researching something in particular in order to get a card.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Well I go to UL you see, I dont know the study spots in Dublin - however, I did see on Dublin City Councils website that only people who live in the city can get a card which allows them to study there apparently!?

You should be able to get a readers card to study in Trinity's libraries. I think you'll need a letter from your own Uni's library. I'd ask at your library.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 learnado99

sorry guys for jumping in here but i just joined and need appropriate information about student grants.i am going to be starting a psychology degree in September the course is approx 5200 i could possibly save but i found out i could get a grant.does anyone know if i would be guaranteed to get it and more importantly how much will they give.i understand it depends on personal circumstances but roughly how much would they give.thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Warrior011

learnado99 wrote: »
    sorry guys for jumping in here but i just joined and need appropriate information about student grants.i am going to be starting a psychology degree in September the course is approx 5200 i could possibly save but i found out i could get a grant.does anyone know if i would be guaranteed to get it and more importantly how much will they give.i understand it depends on personal circumstances but roughly how much would they give.thanks in advance

Would be much better asking here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1101

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 learnado99

Warrior011 wrote: »
    learnado99 wrote: »

Would be much better asking here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1101

thanks warrior.appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Minier81

You don't need a card to study in them - just walk in!! If you want to take out books or use their PCs then you need a card.

Advertisement