Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bryan Adams

Options
  • 27-11-2011 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Your opinion on bryan adams

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Everything I do, I do it while trying to block his existence from my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

Not a patch on Ryan Adams.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,552 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Would take him or leave him until I saw him do acoustic show in castlebar last year :serious show, back catalog and talent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

' Run to you' is a decent enough song

• Registered Users Posts: 33,691 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I personally like him and his music, but I am of a certain age.

Funny how guys like him are vilified as being 'music from the past' yet he appeared on XFactor a few weeks back.

I have seen him live a few times, and he can sing well and is a great entertainer. If you don't like him, then thats fair enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Run To You is a great song. A great song amongst a mountain of cheese.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 ad92

he's not that bad, c'mon..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

rock for people who dont like rock or music in general

clean cut , bland , NAFF in the extreme

also , one thing ive always noticed is that people who like bryan adams , nearly always like bon jovi aswell , another crowd who are square as canada

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭marty1985

He's not bad, at least he could write a song and sing it himself, and he seems like a good egg. I've seen him play live and I thought he was very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

I don't think it's ever going to be "cool" to be a Bryan Adams fan, but he can certainly write a song.

Cheese or not, the back catalgoue is phenomenal and the duet with pav..for a guy who can't speak italian. damn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,691 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

irishh_bob wrote: »
    rock for people who dont like rock or music in general

clean cut , bland , NAFF in the extreme

also , one thing ive always noticed is that people who like bryan adams , nearly always like bon jovi aswell , another crowd who are square as canada

So who do you like then so we can marvel at your taste?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

Another Canadian to bash along with Nickelback. Was decent then became dire.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Gingko

Worked at the gig in Pearse Stadium in Galway a few Summers back. Met the guy and have to say he was a complete gentleman and very courteous to the crew. He was down to earth and didn't come across egotistical at all! Unlike many other famous musicians and bands I could mention!

Not my first preference of music but he is a very good entertainer and does a good live act. Respect!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

Gingko wrote: »
    Worked at the gig in Pearse Stadium in Galway a few Summers back. Met the guy and have to say he was a complete gentleman and very courteous to the crew. He was down to earth and didn't come across egotistical at all! Unlike many other famous musicians and bands I could mention!

Not my first preference of music but he is a very good entertainer and does a good live act. Respect!

some people like thier rock stars to be egotistical assholes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Reckless was a great album but the rest of his work is mediocre at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Gingko

irishh_bob wrote: »
    some people like thier rock stars to be egotistical assholes

That's very true irishbob! But more often then not the roadie crews have even more ego!! What's with them I don't know? Maybe they really desire to be on stage but from many I've worked with they are absolute arseholes! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭marty1985

rednik wrote: »
    Reckless was a great album but the rest of his work is mediocre at best.

I always had a soft spot for an album of his called On A Day Like Today, there are some really nice tunes on that album.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 FrankKay

Bryan Adams Is One Of The Best Live Performing Artists Alive , And 80% Of His Songs Are Of Pure Excellence

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭rebel without a clue

saw him last summer in cork. i thought he was very good, put on a good show, no messing(apart from looking for someone to duet with), just came out and rocked. is he touring again??

Advertisement