Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Thanks'?

Options
  • 28-11-2011 12:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭

Hi, was just wondering if the 'thanks' function is a boards.ie original thing, or if it's a rarely utilised vBulletin dealy, or is it adopted from some other site, or what's the deal there?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I don't think it's purely a vB thing. Another site I'm on uses the same function on phpBB.

One of the tech guys might be able to tell you how it came into use here though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

Na, good few others use it, came across one last night where most of the Posters had a signature asking for OPs to click their "KUDOS" button if their reply was worth it, I meant to check and see what if anything the Kudos were worth.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

'Thanks' is not a native vBulletin feature, not in 3.x or 4.x. However there is a user over on vBulletin.org who has created a modification for thanking posts.

It has it's share of issues and has been modified from the code there but in essence that is what we use :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

that explains that one then, i thought it had come from facebook "like" system, the way recent "follow thread, follow forum" changes were introduced.

actually some other forums still use the "rep" system, which i find handy on the likes of phone modding forums as its a good indicator of a poster who knows their stuff or is a helpful poster.

cant see that working on boards though, especially in AH:

<if condition="user_post_thanks[100] == 'Thanks_Whore'"> Show This</if> :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement