Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Multimedia hard drive question

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Apple tv......................flashed. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Prefer the hard drive based media players.

The one i mentioned in the original post has 1tb so plenty of space. And i imagine its the type you can usb up to a pc and copy and paste what files you want on it...... At least it better be :pac:

Really all im wondering is do i buy it or dont i??

If anyone can point me in direction of something similar thats cheaper then great but so far i cant find one.

All im looking for is a reliable decent sized multimedia drive that will play all the main file types back on your tv.

Its hard to know what is good value because of the price increase in hard drives.

Anyone anything to add or say bout this ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Antomus Prime

With the budget of €100 you're limiting yourself to unknown brands for a media hard drive. If you were to spend and extra €20/30 you could get an iomega 1tb from ebay, I've had one for the last 2 years and its brill

With the budget of €100 you're limiting yourself to unknown brands for a media hard drive. If you were to spend and extra €20/30 you could get an iomega 1tb from ebay, I've had one for the last 2 years and its brill

Bit late now already bought it :pac:. I dont have alot of money to play around with should of just bought this stuff few months back when was cheaper.

I have read one or two reviews from Irish people saying its a good media player for the money. If i had extra money i would of bought something bit more well known.

I guess all i can base this on is i bought a similar drive twice before for two different people and that was more then year ago actually nearly two now and never had any real hassle.

So fingers crossed. Ill just make sure the drive is kept in good order and looked after any problems ill send it back.

• Advertisement

Bit late now already bought it :pac:. I dont have alot of money to play around with should of just bought this stuff few months back when was cheaper.

I have read one or two reviews from Irish people saying its a good media player for the money. If i had extra money i would of bought something bit more well known.

I guess all i can base this on is i bought a similar drive twice before for two different people and that was more then year ago actually nearly two now and never had any real hassle.

So fingers crossed. Ill just make sure the drive is kept in good order and looked after any problems ill send it back.

Coola Bula, hope its all good. I'll be looking for a second one soon myself so if that one turns out to be good let me know :)

Coola Bula, hope its all good. I'll be looking for a second one soon myself so if that one turns out to be good let me know :)

Im giving it to someone else as a present but ill see it enough times to know how it performs.

I need a new big external hard drive meself running out of space on my other ones i use with my pc for video music so on. Just the price is really putting me off.

Im giving it to someone else as a present but ill see it enough times to know how it performs.

I need a new big external hard drive meself running out of space on my other ones i use with my pc for video music so on. Just the price is really putting me off.

HMV were selling a 1tb external HD for €50 last week, worth checking if they still have any if you need another one

HMV were selling a 1tb external HD for €50 last week, worth checking if they still have any if you need another one

In store or online?? If so was this in Dublin or?

*Edit* Found the link on here :-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

Most FTA boxes come with in-built media player software now anyway.
    Buy one for Saorview & play your files off a USB stick.

• Advertisement

Rabidlamb wrote: »
    Most FTA boxes come with in-built media player software now anyway.
    Buy one for Saorview & play your files off a USB stick.

I was thinking of something similar along the lines of most dvd players having usb ports.

I just have bad experience down this road before with some not reading certain file types and drive sizes.

One actually broke a drive slightly on me how ive no idea but it had to be fixed cause of errors.

Advertisement