Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Its Jimi Hendrix birthday!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Wow, that's amazing. Do you still age when you're dead, or did I miss the memo?

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

chin_grin wrote: »
    Wow, that's amazing. Do you still age when you're dead, or did I miss the memo?

:pac:

Hey, if we can celebrate the late JC's bday, then we can celebrate the late JH's too :)

WindSock wrote: »
    Hey, if we can celebrate the late JC's bday, then we can celebrate the late JH's too :)

Oh no you didn' turn this in to a religious debate! You do mean Hay-zeus Christi don't you? But suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure I believe that Dec 25th is conveniently his birthday. Right. :pac:

<note to self. Stop using the pac smiley when being sarcastic, it detracts>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I was gonna say Jimmy Cliff for the lolz but he not ded.

Ah sure, what's a little over 2000 years between accuracy?

Don't matter about that anyway, point is Jimi and Jesus both have facial hair and preach a mean sermon.

WindSock wrote: »
    Don't matter about that anyway, point is Jimi and Jesus both have facial hair and preach a mean sermon.

Damn straight!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

He was a genius, I particularly liked his funk excursions, there was a lot more mileage in his music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Some interesting facts for you

1. Freddie Mercury was almost expelled from college due to Jimi Hendrix. Mercury, who attended a prestigious fashion course in Ealing Art College, was given strict instructions to raise his attendance rate or face the boot. The reason he was missing all these lectures? Because he was attending Jimi Hendrix concerts. Mercury is estimated to have seen Hendrix about 30 times.

Here's a real sketch, as drawn by Mercury, of Hendrix

tumblr_li9r5fQv6q1qdslbvo1_500.jpg

2. In 2007 the paper local to wear I live, The Newcastle Chronicle, ran a story about a young black musician who used to busk on the streets of Heaton and South Shields (a suburb just outside Newcastle City) - this man was none other than Jimi Hendrix. Hendrix also played performances in South Shields, his first "gig" outside busking in the area was in Feb 1967 and he then played several gigs that year going from strength to strength

Next time you see a struggling busker on Grafton St, just remember, it could be the next Jimi Hendrix

Happy Birthday Jimi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Jimi Hendrix also put Alice Cooper in touch with the man who still manages him which is ironic to say the least of it given the troubles that Noel Redding and Mitch Mitchell etc had down down the years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Incredible that Hendrix 70th birthday today seems to be going unnoticed.
    How ironic that the "uncool" Ronan Collins will probably be the only one to remember to mark the occasion on Radio 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭RayCon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Pali Gap what a tune.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Birthday wishes Jimi Jam!

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭few

On behalf of Mr Hendrix I would like to thank you all for the birthday wishes. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

It was my birthday too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

It was my birthday too...

And mine..... and Bruce Lee's

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭few

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    And mine..... and Bruce Lee's

Mine was in April.

Advertisement