Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday Buffet

Options
  • 28-11-2011 2:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Just moved to portlaoise a month ago from Dub,trying to explore some good rests in town....

went for a Buffet with my gals to the Chinese Rest today....
    Foods are good!
    But................most impressing me, were the desserts!!!
    It was totally awesome!!!
    Havent seen all you can eat offer, which included such a great range of desserts chosen. not even in Dub WOW
    100% recommend!!!!!

Any other good value restaurants recommend??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Bicky

Is this the royal tycoon In kilminchy?
    I had too many Chinese take away in my day and no longer enjoy it. Especially for Sunday lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Just moved to portlaoise a month ago from Dub,trying to explore some good rests in town....

went for a Buffet with my gals to the Chinese Rest today....
    Foods are good!
    But................most impressing me, were the desserts!!!
    It was totally awesome!!!
    Havent seen all you can eat offer, which included such a great range of desserts chosen. not even in Dub WOW
    100% recommend!!!!!

Any other good value restaurants recommend??

Hi Sinead, sounds great. ps you write English like you've been in Asia for a while ;) Have you travelled much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Sineadwhite

Bicky wrote: »
    Is this the royal tycoon In kilminchy?
    I had too many Chinese take away in my day and no longer enjoy it. Especially for Sunday lunch.

No, the one opposite the cinema...I think its call " Royal sth" as well.
    went there after movie;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Sineadwhite

An Ri rua wrote: »
    Hi Sinead, sounds great. ps you write English like you've been in Asia for a while ;) Have you travelled much?
    no realli, went to few asian countries for holidays.
    finally moved back to portlaoise after few yrs working in Dublin
    do ya? travelled much?

no realli, went to few asian countries for holidays.
    finally moved back to portlaoise after few yrs working in Dublin
    do ya? travelled much?

I've been to Dublin ......and Portlaoise......next year, I might give Tullamore a go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Welcome aboard,Sinead:)
    - not big into Chinese food myself,would recommend the Mayur on main street-Indian restaurant -does an early bird menu until 7pm,I think, 4 course meal plus glass of wine or bottle of beer(!!),only €20 and the portions are huge-even if you went for meal from main menu,you could easily share a main course between 2!
    All the staff are lovely,and will spice it up or down depending on your preferences.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Bicky

I agree with ri run on this one. The grammar in the posts is brutal.
    Mayur is the best restaurant in town IMO. The 20 euro, 3 course with a beer offer is great value. The tikka masala is the business.
    I used to go there once a fortnight.

Btw offer on todaysdeal.ie at the moment. Four course for two people plus a bottle of wine for 50 euro. Redeemable in either Spagos or foundry for three months. Pretty good value or a couple.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭kizzyf

Ah poor auld Sinead, bless the effort. Have to say the buffet there is good but they need to improve the posters in the window and give the restaurant a good clean and paint.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Veles wrote: »
    Why not Athlone?:mad:

My name is dirt over there :D Spent too long collecting cheques over them there parts o' the country

• Advertisement

Why not Athlone?:mad:

My name is dirt over there :D Spent too long collecting cheques over them there parts o' the country !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

The quality of Chinese food in Portlaoise is brutal, never mind the grammar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

The kebabs are ****e,the Chinese food is ****e,dare i ask are you gonna say the Italian chippers in town is also ****e? :eek:

I'll go one better. All the chippers in town are ****e.

Advertisement