Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Original songs wanted for DVD production asap

• 28-11-2011 2:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Grass Hopper

Hi folks
    I am looking for some original material to use in a dvd series we a releasing very soon.
    Unfortunetly it was a last minute decision to go with some music so any artists wishing to offer their works ideally f.o.c or perhaps for a small fee for the right song please pm or just post a link here and I will be in touch.
    Budget is small but the audience (18-30 yr olds,mainly males) is in the region of 3000,mostly Irish but a percentage throughout Europe and the U.S

T.I.A

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Grass Hopper

Anyone?????,massive interest building for dvd release,featuring on Nationwide in January,free advertising for bands etc :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭bush Baby

Sure thing, what genre are you looking for?? I'm a Co Louth based songwriter with tons of material - IMRO registered etc with a 14 tracks to choose from. The CD tracks are all ready for you to choose and drop onto your DVD as a soundtrack, but it all depends what genre you're looking for

PM Me with a contact number and we'll have a chat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 297 ✭✭iMADEtheBBC

Grass Hopper - what style of music are you looking for ? or perhaps what style of music are you not looking for ?

What is the agreement if the film/programme is subsequently sold or licensed ?

How will the DVDs be distributed ? Will they be sold or distributed free ?

Are you just looking for music for a DVD release or is there a plan for broadcast/online/other distribution ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61 ✭✭JaneWillow

If it's got massive interest, than an amount of money offered for the soundtrack woudn't be such a bad idea, now would it?

what style of music are ye looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Grass Hopper

JaneWillow wrote: »
    If it's got massive interest, than an amount of money offered for the soundtrack woudn't be such a bad idea, now would it?

what style of music are ye looking for?
    Massive interest stems from youtube so not money making for me.
    Thankfully a thrifty band from Kildare took me up on the offer ad from past dvd trailers getting over 100k views per year they have there name and song viewed and downloaded by many.If I make money I have no problem paying those who made it happen,but the severe lack of interest from this forum has been disappointing to say the least.

As a matter of interest what would people consider a fair price for the use of an unrealised and as such unknown song over say 3000 dvds?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61 ✭✭JaneWillow

Thankfully a thrifty band from Kildare took me up on the offer ad from past dvd trailers getting over 100k views per year they have there name and song viewed and downloaded by many.If I make money I have no problem paying those who made it happen,but the severe lack of interest from this forum has been disappointing to say the least.

As a matter of interest what would people consider a fair price for the use of an unrealised and as such unknown song over say 3000 dvds?

If you would have told us more about the movie and what style of music you're looking for you would have had much more interest from musicians. I think none of the people here knew what to expect.

I don't know the answer to the last question, I don't think it works in that way. I think you get a certain amount of money (might only be a few cents) per sold DVD. Sometimes you might get some money in advance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Fi H

severe lack of interest from this forum has been disappointing to say the least.

I think you'd find there were a number of people waiting for your answers to the questions asked. It would be fair to say that a severe lack of response has probably led to the severe lack of interest. You cant expect people to provide you with what you asked for without any interaction!

• In fairness to the lad, he was offering a great opportunity for someone to get their own original music heard by others, that is a fantastic opportunity imo. Money shouldn't come into it at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 297 ✭✭iMADEtheBBC

I have absolutely no idea what most of that means. Apart from the lack of interest half-sentence.

Are you asking what the going rate is for a sync licence or are you asking what the going rate is for library music?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Clooney George

I think you'd find there were folks awaiting your solutions to the concerns. It would be reasonable to say that a serious insufficient reply has probably led to the serious insufficient interest. You cant anticipate individuals to offer you with what you requested for without any interaction!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 mouthforwar93

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭icanplaydrums

soundcloud.com/thebizzare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 keyestudios

Hi folks
    I am looking for some original material to use in a dvd series we a releasing very soon.
    Unfortunetly it was a last minute decision to go with some music so any artists wishing to offer their works ideally f.o.c or perhaps for a small fee for the right song please pm or just post a link here and I will be in touch.
    Budget is small but the audience (18-30 yr olds,mainly males) is in the region of 3000,mostly Irish but a percentage throughout Europe and the U.S

T.I.A

http://soundcloud.com/kristiansensini/if-only-i-could

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Shazamm

Advertisement