Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shops/Businesses in Bray

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

murpho999 wrote: »
    May I ask why?

Have you never noticed that they coffee is boiling just like tea is?

Plenty of good places in Bray to get good coffee anyway.

Its the strongest flavour. When I buy in Bray its from Coffee Delights, I avoid anyone using McCabes coffee as its too watery. Finnbees is terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,473 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Antrim_Man wrote: »
    Its the strongest flavour. When I buy in Bray its from Coffee Delights, I avoid anyone using McCabes coffee as its too watery. Finnbees is terrible.

You should try the Italian places like Campo Risto Market, Gusto Italiano or Carpe Diem for a good coffee.

Also, I think Coffee Delights is gone, was that the little place on the main street down from Finbees?

You should try the Italian places like Campo Risto Market, Gusto Italiano or Carpe Diem for a good coffee.

Also, I think Coffee Delights is gone, was that the little place on the main street down from Finbees?

Coffee Delights is alive and well. Its off the southern cross road. They do a lovey cappo ;)

PS Didnt think much of the coffee takeaway from Campo di fiori either. Will try the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

PS Didnt think much of the coffee takeaway from Campo di fiori either. Will try the others.

It has gone down hill a lot I think...

Coffee Delights is alive and well. Its off the southern cross road. They do a lovey cappo ;)

Thanks, Don't know the Coffee Delights place, must look it up.
    zoobizoo wrote: »
    It has gone down hill a lot I think...

Find it strange that people don't like genuine Italian espresso coffee!

Also I find that Campo has got better since it's revamp as it's a bit bigger and they have better staff now as the service is less chaotic than it used to be. I really think the food there is lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Thanks, Don't know the Coffee Delights place, must look it up.

Also I find that Campo has got better since it's revamp as it's a bit bigger and they have better staff now as the service is less chaotic than it used to be. I really think the food there is lovely.

Can't comment on the coffee as I am not an afficionado (every cup tastes the same to me) but the food is definitely fantastic in Campo!

Im no coffee expert and I only order cappuccino when out and the coffee must be strong enough to cover the taste of the milk. Thats why I don't like weak coffee.

Any update on Wetherspoons for Bray??

I do like Italian coffee and regularly drink it in Carpe and Gusto and MAmma Mia. But, I think the quality of the coffee has reduced in Campo of late.

It used to be my first port of call for a coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

Any update on Wetherspoons for Bray??

Finbees owner of barracuda in court applying for drinks licence denies any intent to sell to Wetherspoons and is sick of the rumour at this stage...according to Bray People article.

• Advertisement

Noticed that Starbucks was fully open when I went by this evening after 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

How is Starbucks doing does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

All I know is its an extra 30cent for their 'strong' coffee. It seems to be open quite late.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Went by last night about half seven. Only 2 groups of people in there, a couple of young wans availing of the free WiFi and a family.

foxy06 wrote: »
    All I know is its an extra 30cent for their 'strong' coffee. It seems to be open quite late.

It's open till 10 every night which suprised me.

Went by at about 7.30 this evening and there were about 5 people in it.
    I'd say those hours will be cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭danois

I'm not a coffee lover so can't say if it's good but the hot chocolate I had there was horrible :( it was made with water!! You have to specify if you want it made with milk. Seems like a nice atmosphere tho

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭insomniac86

Where's Starbucks in Bray? I haven't spotted it.

Under Benny's / Sanam down at Supervalu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭marty_crane

Went to Starbucks last night. Liked it. Ironically I'm not actually a fan of Starbucks coffee (although I did get a nice latte this time) I do like the ambience/space their coffee houses tend to have. There's not too many places better for coffee than sitting outside on the deck at the rear of the Blackrock branch :)

There's not too many places better for coffee than sitting outside on the deck at the rear of the Blackrock branch :)

Wooden Spoon is nice too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭marty_crane

zoobizoo wrote: »
    Wooden Spoon is nice too

Couldn't agree more

If you get a chance, try Carpe Diem's wild boar pasta dish that's on the menu til Thursday ( or maybe only Wednesday) ...

Some movement on Bray Main St.

Ledwidges is being worked on after having been sold.

Munch has also been sold so hopefully there'll be a couple of new main St shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Any clue about price on Ledwidges?

I thought Ledwidges was only "Let" not sold?

Sorry, maybe it was just let.

There were guys working on it yesterday.

The butchers up at Tesco's is turning into a coffee shop according to the planning permission application

Bray seems to change from the town of Euro shops/charity shops into a town of coffee shops.

Preusse wrote: »
    Bray seems to change from the town of Euro shops/charity shops into a town of coffee shops.

That's an improvement in my opinion.

Sadly, in my opinion, it is more a town of shuttered shops or ruined buildings when you look at Everest Centre, Heaton's site and Florentine facade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

That's an improvement in my opinion.

Sadly, in my opinion, it is more a town of shuttered shops or ruined buildings when you look at Everest Centre, Heaton's site and Florentine facade.

Hopefully the florentine site and heatons will get developed soon.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement