Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shops/Businesses in Bray

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Starbucks looks busy enough whenever I look in anyway, no idea why, horrible location, horrible coffee, horrible prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Thargor wrote: »
    Starbucks looks busy enough whenever I look in anyway, no idea why, horrible location, horrible coffee, horrible prices.

Well known brand - you find the same thing in every city.

I think the location in good, as in, it's a nice building. I'll stick with the Italians for my coffee though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,473 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Thargor wrote: »

The coffee is a matter of taste. agree about the prices but what is wrong with the location? A shopping centre looking onto Main St/Castle St. Arguably Bray's prime shopping locations.

In another area I see Connolly's Shoe Shop are "Relocating" to their other store on Quinsboro Road so that will be another closed shop on the Main St unless they have something else planned.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭raler

was there ever a Penney's in Bray ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Have heard that part of Ocean Bar is going to be turned into a burger joint.

Hoping for something akin to Bunsen Burger!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Good on The Duggans for continuing to innovate and improve the food offering in Bray.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

raler wrote: »
    was there ever a Penney's in Bray ?
    Don't think so, but City2 probably came close as being similar type of shop? I'm a bloke though so haven't a clue! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭George White

Apparently, it'll be some kind of gourmet burger joint.
    Apparently, the charity shop in the old Ladbroke's building on Quinsborough road is closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,571 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Gourmet burgers. What utter ****e. Burgers should be plain and simple

Bun (preferably brioche),
    Freshly minced meat
    Cheese
    Onion
    Pickles
    Mustard/ketchup.

If you see a skewer in a burger they've usually blown it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭skibum

Gourmet burgers. What utter ****e. Burgers should be plain and simple

Bun (preferably brioche),
    Freshly minced meat
    Cheese
    Onion
    Pickles
    Mustard/ketchup.

If you see a skewer in a burger they've usually blown it!

Have you tried a burger from "The big dog's galley" at the harbour bar? their burgers are plain and simple, delicious and not bad value compared to the gourmet burger joints.

• Advertisement

skibum wrote: »
    Have you tried a burger from "The big dog's galley" at the harbour bar? their burgers are plain and simple, delicious and not bad value compared to the gourmet burger joints.

Forgot the Big Dog's Galley, try next door at Dockyard No. 8. Boyfriend had a burger there two weeks ago and hasn't stopped talking about it, eventually I had to ask him why he doesn't just marry the burger.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Cliffage

skibum wrote: »

those Big Dog burgers are amazing alright

Cliffage wrote: »
    those Big Dog burgers are amazing alright

Can you only sit outside there, it doesn't look much.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Can you only sit outside there, it doesn't look much.

I went there once about lunchtime and it seems (but I am not sure) you can bring the food inside into the Harbour Bar. You would need to ask about that. We sat outside. Had hotdogs. They were great but honestly not really value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭skibum

I went there once about lunchtime and it seems (but I am not sure) you can bring the food inside into the Harbour Bar. You would need to ask about that. We sat outside. Had hotdogs. They were great but honestly not really value for money.

We didn't eat in, we ordered 4 burgers and chips for take away from big dogs galley which cost €32 (€8 each) as opposed to dockyard €54 (€13.50 each) it was a no brainer for us, I was quite happy with what we got, and my missus who is a very fussy eater was pleasantly surprised at how good they were.....

there's a skip outside that looks like it might be related to above..

I'm just wondering why there couldn't be a great burger bar or something towards the other end of the prom, just to mix things up a bit

raler wrote: »
    there's a skip outside that looks like it might be related to above..

I'm just wondering why there couldn't be a great burger bar or something towards the other end of the prom, just to mix things up a bit
    Dart station

..?

being closer to the dart station means there's way more footfall at that end of the prom than the other.

being closer to the dart station means there's way more footfall at that end of the prom than the other.

Debatable really. Other end of prom with Bray head and amusements (although less now) probably gets more footfall.

People going to dart often go via Albert Walk.

Either way, a good authentic Burger Place would be a good addition.

You have to give the Duggans credit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭SparkySpitfire

That new cafe behind McDonalds is up and running but for how long...

Anna Schu is closing its Bray branch, very sad news :( A lot of snarky comments on her FB post announcing their relocation to Stillorgan. Its a pity as the salon was always nice to look at and had a loyal customer base but she wouldn't have made such a decision lightly as some are accusing her of. And if there's one thing bray has in abundance it's beauty clinics!

On that note Hair Flair in the Vevay has reopened in the unit next to the old premises looking very well! They're looking to rent out the old unit to a nail tech.

That new cafe behind McDonalds is up and running but for how long...

Anna Schu is closing its Bray branch, very sad news :( A lot of snarky comments on her FB post announcing their relocation to Stillorgan. Its a pity as the salon was always nice to look at and had a loyal customer base but she wouldn't have made such a decision lightly as some are accusing her of. And if there's one thing bray has in abundance it's beauty clinics!

On that note Hair Flair in the Vevay has reopened in the unit next to the old premises looking very well! They're looking to rent out the old unit to a nail tech.

Great news after all Bray is really short of hairdressers and beauty salons.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,768 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Christ, I hope 'nail bars' aren't becoming the new coffee shop in Bray. Ledwidges was already desecrated by one.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

It has its fair share of Pound Shops & Cafe's alright!

Strider wrote: »
    Christ, I hope 'nail bars' aren't becoming the new coffee shop in Bray. Ledwidges was already desecrated by one.

That is the tackiest looking shop I have ever seen. I can't see them doing well tbh. There's too many salons that people are already loyal to, and this new place's prices won't entice those customers away.

It has its fair share of Pound Shops & Cafe's alright!

Why are people complaing about cafes?

The seafront is starting to become a good food spot and if it keeps going the way it is I think it could earn Bray a good reputation and attract visitors.

As for the main street, Finbees for coffee and then you're left with

Liz Anne's (average, hot lamp food)
    Betelnut (not bad , but pricey for what it is).
    Gourmet Cafe (Very busy but more greasy spoon than Gourmet for me).
    Bridge Cafe (no idea what it's like)
    Starbucks ...we all know that.
    New place by McDonalds (is it open yet?)
    Molloy's on Quinsboro Road (Food is truly awfuln my opinion)
    Mamma Mia (On Parnell Road, poor service but the best coffee and good Italian Food in Main St Area)

Have I left anyone out?

I don't think it's that many and the standard is quite poor especially when you compare to what's on offer in Greystones.

I appreciate that this is all subjective and dependent on individual taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 geewiz

Bridge Cafe (no idea what it's like)

It's definitely one of the few cafes in Bray that actually have some kind of personality.

Just read on facebook that Mamma Mia has closed and a new restaurant will take its place.

Facebook Page.

I find it a pity as I only discovered it in the last year and the food was very nice, despite the setting and service being a bit odd.

Just read on facebook that Mamma Mia has closed and a new restaurant will take its place.

Facebook Page.

I find it a pity as I only discovered it in the last year and the foods was very nice, despite the setting and service being a bit odd.

I thought that was a real pity, they had the best pizza in Bray. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭Alun

That's a real shame. I only discovered the place a few weeks ago :(

Advertisement