Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shops/Businesses in Bray

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭Alun

The lack of any outdoor shops in Bray is a puzzler for me too given the location. Mind you there's nowhere even in Laragh or Roundwood which are even closer. Go to any small town or even village in the UK that's near to a major outdoor recreation area and there'll be loads of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

I think it's been mentioned before, but I think a Penneys would work well in Bray.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,571 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

I think it'd be awful. gangs of chungwans hanging around, doing nothing, buying nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,768 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

I think it'd be awful. gangs of chungwans hanging around, doing nothing, buying nothing.

At least they'd be in off the street instead of ramming their prams up people's holes on the main street.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Strider wrote: »
    At least they'd be in off the street instead of ramming their prams up people's holes on the main street.

Does your hole get rammed often?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,768 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Does your hole get rammed often?

Ah now here, I'm here to post not to be hit on ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Strider wrote: »
    Ah now here, I'm here to post not to be hit on ;)

Well then less of the rude obnoxious posting. (And this is an informal mod warning by the way, as always moderation won't be answered on thread)

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

Alun wrote: »
    The lack of any outdoor shops in Bray is a puzzler for me too given the location. Mind you there's nowhere even in Laragh or Roundwood which are even closer. Go to any small town or even village in the UK that's near to a major outdoor recreation area and there'll be loads of them.

Scout shop on Killarney Rd, no?

loobylou wrote: »
    I went in there once when they first opened, I think they called themselves the Outdoor Adventure Store outlet or something like that then (same company anyway). Apart from it being a very small shop with a limited range, I was completely ignored by the two staff the whole time I was in there. I've never been back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

loobylou wrote: »
    Never actually been in there. Would it have similar range to that place on Liffey Street that I think used to be a Scout Shop?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I went in there once when they first opened, I think they called themselves the Outdoor Adventure Store outlet or something like that then (same company anyway). Apart from it being a very small shop with a limited range, I was completely ignored by the two staff the whole time I was in there. I've never been back.
    I think its more of a warehouse operation for their "main" stores? Because I also got the feeling they were surprised to see me and waiting for me to leave the last time I was in there aswell. Stupid prices also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭danois

Has anyone any idea what's going into where the veg shop was at centra on the Boghall?

danois wrote: »
    Has anyone any idea what's going into where the veg shop was at centra on the Boghall?
    It wasn't just the veg shop for sale, it also included both the print shop and fuel depot, so a bit of an odd mix. Maybe it was just the owner of the units selling and the existing tenants may move back in afterwards?

g0g wrote: »
    Never actually been in there. Would it have similar range to that place on Liffey Street that I think used to be a Scout Shop?
    Seems to have changed to the Scout shop now that I look, will have to call in one of the days and see if its improved.

Thargor wrote: »
    Seems to have changed to the Scout shop now that I look, will have to call in one of the days and see if its improved.
    It's the same business though ... the shop on Liffey St. has both OAS and Scout Shop displayed on the shopfront.

https://www.google.ie/maps/place/The+Outdoor+Adventure+Store/@53.3480746,-6.2638717,3a,75y,241.54h,86.87t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sf0IgW6m7YTLIS4PMajQW-A!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0xde51564bd3fa29eb!6m1!1e1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭danois

It wasn't just the veg shop for sale, it also included both the print shop and fuel depot, so a bit of an odd mix. Maybe it was just the owner of the units selling and the existing tenants may move back in afterwards?

I didn't know that. Just noticed the to let sign had been covered by a let sign. I assumed it would be a new business would be nice to have the veg shop back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Antique shop going in beside Dealz where Premier Arts used to be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

zoobizoo wrote: »

Is dealz open yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭skibum

B0jangles wrote: »
    Is dealz open yet?
    Walked past it about an hour ago, lads were fitting signs on the wall, looks like the shop fitters are kitting the place out, wouldn't say it will be open this week..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Is it Florence Fortune's or someone else?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

skibum wrote: »
    Walked past it about an hour ago, lads were fitting signs on the wall, looks like the shop fitters are kitting the place out, wouldn't say it will be open this week..

Grand so, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Dr Strange wrote: »
    Is it Florence Fortune's or someone else?

Someone else. Guy who has an antique place in Kilcoole apparently

Any sign of Dealz yet? Need a load of stuff all of a sudden...

danois wrote: »
    I drove by just now ... the Print Shop shutters were up and lights on inside, which may mean it's opening up again, on the other hand there's also a big banner up on the wall advertising "City Tyre Services" so maybe they've taken over both the Print Shop and the fuel yard for that instead. No sign of anything happening to the veg shop though.

I can foresee getting in and out of the car park there being even more awkward from now on if there's going to be customers cars parked there as well. Speaking of which, which genius designed those traffic / pedestrian lights there with 3 non signal controlled roads/entrances feeding into the gap between the two lights?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭marty_crane

Speaking of which, which genius designed those traffic / pedestrian lights there with 3 non signal controlled roads/entrances feeding into the gap between the two lights?

That junction beggars belief. I was through there this afternoon and coulcn't help but think that some beaut was paid several grand to com up with that nonsense.

Thargor wrote: »
    Any sign of Dealz yet? Need a load of stuff all of a sudden...
    This Thursday 9am by the way^

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭George White

Womenswear shop opening where Gamestop was

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Finbees has changed to Three Beans overnight. Is it just a name change, and if so, why? Or was it sold?

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

Finbees has changed to Three Beans overnight. Is it just a name change, and if so, why? Or was it sold?

Only the 2 on the main street have changed at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

When is it going to open?

Advertisement