Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shops/Businesses in Bray

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭fortwilliam

McGettigans "Irish" pub coming to Bray in the Royal hotel...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/McGettigans-Bray/761532373975407

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭George White

The two Finnbees renamed on main street by the daughters of the former boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

The branding on the new shops isn't quite as eye catching

Why onEarth is a "Paddy O'Smellie's" "Oirish" bar opening up in Bray?
    Their fcuking logo has a fecking shamrock in it for feck's sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭Cerco

Perhaps this is a reflection of the expanding multi-cultural population in Bray.
    It could also appeal to tourists who are bussed in for an overnight in the Royal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

You sound like a loyalist from East Belfast.

There's a difference between a genuine pub in Ireland and an "Irish" pub. This is the latter. Real Irish pubs don't emblazon themselves in shamrocks. Look at Duff's. They're all about the Tour De France not a pot of gold at the end of the bleedin' rainbow.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,889 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Every pub in Bray is already an Irish pub.

however, hotel bars are generally horrible, so we can just continue to avoid this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,473 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Where is this pub opening up? Sounds ridiculous.

There's an Irish pub and an "Irish" pub.
    All the pubs in Bray are Irish pubs. This new one is an "Irish" pub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

What about the other 17 Finbees in Bray?

The others are remaining as they were.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

I little birdy told me that the original rumours about a certain pub franchise and a certain restaurant owned by a certain coffeeshop owner were true all along....

Calibos wrote: »
    I little birdy told me that the original rumours about a certain pub franchise and a certain restaurant owned by a certain coffeeshop owner were true all along....
    So, McGettigan's was supposed to be a Wetherspoon's.
    who's the coffee -shop owner? Finnbee's?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭Cerco

Calibos wrote: »

Something fishy about the restaurant In question ? :confused:

Cerco wrote: »
    Something fishy about the restaurant In question ? :confused:

Oh, I see.
    a61e1981-05ff-432f-bfd0-f974237928e8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

keano_afc wrote: »
    What about the other 17 Finbees in Bray?

How many others are there? I can only think of the one below Barracuda.

Cerco wrote: »
    Perhaps this is a reflection of the expanding multi-cultural population in Bray.
    It could also appeal to tourists who are bussed in for an overnight in the Royal.

It's a chain of "Irish" pubs with a lot of places in the Middle East and Asia. They also have a few in Ireland - Cork, Limerick, Galway.
    Those places have reasonably good reviews on TripAdvisor. It mightn't be as terrible as everyone is thinking. It's not going to attract the same crowd that goes to the Harbour but I think there's room for it.

fjon wrote: »
    How many others are there? I can only think of the one below Barracuda.

At least 2 on the Main Street.

keano_afc wrote: »
    At least 2 on the Main Street.

Yes, those are the only ones I'm aware of. I assumed from the previous post that there were perhaps more than these 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Cafe beside O Briens on the Vevay Road closed its doors, currently being fitted out as yet another cafe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

I see a new costume shop in the Superquinn/Valu centre. It's just around the corner from Starbucks. Dunno if temporary or a permanent fixture.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

It's temporary; a pop up shop

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭marko99

Thargor wrote: »
    Cafe beside O Briens on the Vevay Road closed its doors, currently being fitted out as yet another cafe.

Signage says Pebble Cafe, looks like it's almost ready to open. Difficult location to make a cafe work I would have thought - and there's a Costa about to open just down the road in the former butcher's place in Tesco.

I see Costa is open beside Tesco. Will be interesting to see how it does. It is at least a couple of hundred feet from the next coffee shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

marko99 wrote: »
    Signage says Pebble Cafe, looks like it's almost ready to open. Difficult location to make a cafe work I would have thought - and there's a Costa about to open just down the road in the former butcher's place in Tesco.

Well if it's anything like Pebbles in Greystones which is VERY expensive I won't be going there much at all.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

Was down town today for first time in a while and see Real Estate Alliance place just below turn for Novara and also that Italian cafe that used to be the wool shop opposite Mizzoni's is now some sort of sweet shop again. They both recent developments?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

g0g wrote: »
    Was down town today for first time in a while and see Real Estate Alliance place just below turn for Novara and also that Italian cafe that used to be the wool shop opposite Mizzoni's is now some sort of sweet shop again. They both recent developments?

The sweetshop was opened by the previous owner of Mrs McGuire's Sweet Shop across the road. It has a smaller selection and is now mostly self-service. I like it.

Wigoders is back on Castle St.

• Advertisement

Beau Peep on Quinsborough Road becoming a sweetshop.

Advertisement