Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shops/Businesses in Bray

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

zoobizoo wrote: »
    One in Blackrock is non scumbag also...

They all employ security staff in the evenings to ensure that there are no issues. I frequent both Blackrock & Dún Laoghaire one's and haven't seen any issues yet, in fact I'd be more afraid in some of the existing pubs on the Quinnsborough Road than any Wetherspoons

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

uch wrote: »
    They all employ security staff in the evenings to ensure that there are no issues. I frequent both Blackrock & Dún Laoghaire one's and haven't seen any issues yet, in fact I'd be more afraid in some of the existing pubs on the Quinnsborough Road than any Wetherspoons

It's been many a year since I set foot in any bar on the Quinsborough Road...

Last time was probably in Barmondo...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I've only ever been in the DL Wetherspoons, but the times I was there there was no trouble at all. If there's a pub near to me that serves traditional British real ales I'll be there in a flash ... all these over hopped US style IPA's that are all the craze amongst craft beer aficionados at the moment aren't to my taste at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

Heard from someone yesterday that Tiger is pretty much ready to open for next week, and but for some problem the other day they'd be open already.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

g0g wrote: »
    Heard from someone yesterday that Tiger is pretty much ready to open for next week, and but for some problem the other day they'd be open already.

It looks like it will be open tomorrow

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

Dr Strange wrote: »
    The El Greco Greek restaurant on Main Street closed last Sunday.

Looks like it is reopening. I saw a sign passing by today.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

Looks like it is reopening. I saw a sign passing by today.

New sign said Lebanon grill or something.

Antrim_Man wrote: »
    New sign said Lebanon grill or something.
    Wow, that was quick! Could be interesting though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Welcome to Bray... Enjoy the Cafe's, euro shops, charity shops and cash for gold's...

One of the things I hate about Bray is all the moaning about it. Things are looking up. The Castle St shopping centre has only 1 empty unit. In the last few months we've had many new shops opening. Tiger is a good decent shop but still people moan.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

smash wrote: »
    Welcome to Bray... Enjoy the Cafe's, euro shops, charity shops and cash for gold's...

Bray is doing as well as other towns of similar size and better than ones of a bigger size (eg Dun Laoghaire) that are close to large shopping areas like Carrickmines & Dundrum Town Centre

In the last year Read's, Starbucks, Costa and Tiger have opened or are about to open - that's three international brands and one national brand showing confidence in the town.

Wigoders has re-opened its doors in the Castle St centre.

Things are more positive than they have in years.

One of the things I hate about Bray is all the moaning about it. Things are looking up. The Castle St shopping centre has only 1 empty unit. In the last few months we've had many new shops opening. Tiger is a good decent shop but still people moan.

Well said Joeytheparrot...

Was going out for brunch the other day ... couldn't decide between Ocean, Box Burger, Platform, The Martello, Dockyard No. 8 or Noah's Ark........ isn't it **** to have too many great places from which to choose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭danois

I noticed a new shoe shop today on the novara avenue. Not sure how long its been open. Its a bit out of the way so not sure it will do very well there.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,473 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

smash wrote: »

I don''t know of any cash for golds now and charity shops serve a purpose. Not that many Euro shops either. Euro Giant and Dealz are decent and then 2 on the Main St.

How does Bray have too many cafes? There are not that many at all and good towns should always have good options.
    Also plurals are never done as apostrophe and s! (Yes, I'm a spelling pedant!)

Exactly the difference is noticeable and I hope it keeps going.
    Well said Joeytheparrot...

Was going out for brunch the other day ... couldn't decide between Ocean, Box Burger, Platform, The Martello, Dockyard No. 8 or Noah's Ark........ isn't it **** to have too many great places from which to choose.

Also agree, the food options in Bray are really good. Spoilt for choice nowadays. You are omitting Camp de Fiori, Porterhouse, Carpe Diem and Pizzas and Cream as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭veggie newbie

It's meant to be opening this Saturday. Yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,473 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

It's meant to be opening this Saturday. Yay!

Walked by it this evening around 6 and people were working frantically inside to finish it off.
    It looks very nice. Big store too, hope it does well.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Pinkman

Any truth to the rumours of a cinema in that Florentine Centre (whenever it happens)? It seems total madness not to have a cinema in one of the largest in the country. That spot up on the southern cross would be perfect and would make a fortune seeing as it would be right off the motorway with no cinema from Arklow to Dun laoghaire. Surprising developers haven't done this.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Cinemas arent the money making machines they used to be.

Hadn't heard the cinema rumour. Woul be great to have a other cinema in the town.

Weren't there three here at one stage. ?

Would have thought that a cinema would look for better road access though. Wasn that one of the issues the Royal Twins had.

Well, that and only stocking either Maxi Twists and HB Vanilla in their ice cream fridge!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭marty_crane

€2 shop beside Dealz is gone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭George White

New Lebanese restaurant where El Greco was.

New Lebanese restaurant where El Greco was.
    Any idea what it's called? Does it have an online presence of any sort at all?

Lebanon Cookhouse?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Do you think if we got an Argos, a Penneys might follow?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,571 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

a total tangent but does anyone else hate when restaurants only have a facebook page where they've uploaded jpg's of their menus that get horribly compressed almost to the point where I need a magnifying glass to read it as well?

a total tangent but does anyone else hate when restaurants only have a facebook page where they've uploaded jpg's of their menus that get horribly compressed almost to the point where I need a magnifying glass to read it as well?
    Not only the menu, but the other graphics as well are very poor quality. There's more artefacts there than in an Indiana Jones movie :)

New Chinese-run salon where Ladbroke's used to be.

I see that the two units beside the Ulster Bank have been let / sold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 gillymayb

I see that the two units beside the Ulster Bank have been let / sold.

They've been like that for a while. Its a pity vincents shop closed down there. That was one of the better ones in Bray. Any idea whats going on with the old bank building on the Quinsborough Road? It had planning permission in the window for a while but nothing seems to be moving in it.

Advertisement