Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shops/Businesses in Bray

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Interesting choice of location...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

There was a pub there before for many years. Sunny bank and then the pickled pig. Not sure of the location now though. I think anywhere they go will be successful given the prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 geewiz

I'd be very happy to see more choice this side of the Dargle. Closing of Bridge Cafe is a pity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Banditos Burritos closed already, anyone know what happened?

http://banditosbray.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

:eek: What? Already- it's barely opened. :confused: And the Three beans is gone. Whatever did happen there-given that Finbees on the seafront is still trading as Finbees...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

:eek: What? Already- it's barely opened. :confused: And the Three beans is gone. Whatever did happen there-given that Finbees on the seafront is still trading as Finbees...

1 month, wow. Is the other Three Beans gone too?

Yes, the three beans on the main street is gone a few weeks now. On FB they said the Burritos place (was Three Beans) was open 6 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Banditos was always quite since the day they opened, I never got to try them but they should have had more business if the burritos were any way decent, nice decor but always empty. Prices were a bit high but not crazy. They should have had a breakfast burrito on the menu though. Wonder what happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,473 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Yes, the three beans on the main street is gone a few weeks now. On FB they said the Burritos place (was Three Beans) was open 6 weeks.

There were two 'Three Beans' on the Main Street so I assume the one further up (Original Finbees) is still there?

Thargor wrote: »
    Banditos was always quite since the day they opened, I never got to try them but they should have had more business if the burritos were any way decent, nice decor but always empty. Prices were a bit high but not crazy. They should have had a breakfast burrito on the menu though. Wonder what happened?

Well I would say the lack of seats is one issue. I couldn't imagine myself going in there and no where proper to sit. I would go somewhere else with proper tables.

Also a breakfast burrito? With Sausages, bacon and egg etc? Very Mexican that, I wonder why they didn't do it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭Alun

murpho999 wrote: »
    Also a breakfast burrito? With Sausages, bacon and egg etc? Very Mexican that, I wonder why they didn't do it?
    Errm no, I take it you've never been to the States? ...

https://www.google.ie/search?q=breakfast+burrito

There were two 'Three Beans' on the Main Street so I assume the one further up (Original Finbees) is still there?

No, it's gone a few weeks now.

Alun wrote: »
    Errm no, I take it you've never been to the States? ...

https://www.google.ie/search?q=breakfast+burrito

Still doesn't make it right.

No, it's gone a few weeks now.

OK, Surprised at that.

I really wonder what happened with this. 3 x Finnbee's shops seemed to be doing well and then split!

Still doesn't make it right.
    You should see some of the other stuff, and the quantity of it, that they eat for breakfast over there. I think I could survive for a whole day on an average American breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,242 ✭✭✭✭jake is right

No, it's also closed.

You should see some of the other stuff, and the quantity of it, that they eat for breakfast over there. I think I could survive for a whole day on an average American breakfast.

Yes, I have been there and seen it. Would not be a big fan of some of their breakfasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

On the floor above Finnbees coffee place down the seafront, there are signs saying 'Finnbees Kitchen' opening soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Tippex

Lidl Opening on boghall road where AO smiths was (So my missus heard)

Tippex wrote: »
    Lidl Opening on boghall road where AO smiths was (So my missus heard)
    There's a planning application in for it, certainly.

http://www.eplanning.ie/WicklowCC/AppFileRefDetails/16487/0

Decision to be made by 30th June.

Traffic management will be a huge issue there. It's bad enough as it is with backups up to the traffic lights with Killarney Rd. caused by that mess of a traffic light 'system' outside the Boghall Rd. shopping centre. Add another entrance into a Lidl even closer to the lights, and all hell will break loose.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Traffic management will be a huge issue there. It's bad enough as it is with backups up to the traffic lights with Killarney Rd. caused by that mess of a traffic light 'system' outside the Boghall Rd. shopping centre. Add another entrance into a Lidl even closer to the lights, and all hell will break loose.
    Better off using the roundabout

deco nate wrote: »
    Better off using the roundabout
    What roundabout?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

What roundabout?

Oh crap, my bad I was thinking of the vevy Road area. Can't remember the name of the business that was there, sure it had to do with computers. Sorry. Didn't look at the planning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

Obviously there would need to be entrances from both the Killarney Road and the Boghall Road for it to make sense. If they do that will people use the car park to try to skip the queue at the lights?
    I use that road a lot and to be honest I think the only time there will be chaos is during school drop-off and pick-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

Lidl in industrial yarns to close if boghall road one opens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭skibum

Antrim_Man wrote: »
    Lidl in industrial yarns to close if boghall road one opens.
    Who told you that?

I heard that too. That it was just a temporary location. I mean Aldi had earmarked the old Heaton Buckley building and gave it up but still seems odd to be so close geographically. Leaves the north of Bray a little short.

The current Lidl is very non-standard for a Lidl store. A different shape and layout, and has limited parking compared to most.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

I saw a new Italian restaurant in Albert Walk. Has anyone tried it yet?

• Advertisement

The current Lidl is very non-standard for a Lidl store. A different shape and layout, and has limited parking compared to most.

Are you talking about Aldi?

The Lidl looks the same as all Lidls I know and there's loads of parking there, never a problem to get a space.

Advertisement