Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shops/Businesses in Bray

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭George White

The shop has new owners. Whats so odd about that?

I presumed it was the same owners as Finnbee's/Burritos but apparently not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

Little article about this place in one of the free newspapers that gets delivered. I'll hold off judgement until I try it out. Might be something the kids will enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

The choco kebab is an actual big log of white and brown chocolate rotating in a kind ofpretend kebab machine that they shave like the real thing, seemed pretty busy yesterday aswell but how are they going to survive Winter?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Thargor wrote: »
    The choco kebab is an actual big log of white and brown chocolate rotating in a kind ofpretend kebab machine that they shave like the real thing, seemed pretty busy yesterday aswell but how are they going to survive Winter?

They'll go back to selling burritos

Already having a half-price sale in Sprinkles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,473 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Where have you ever heard of a sale in a food seller?

The place will be gone within a month.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Where have you ever heard of a sale in a food seller?

The place will be gone within a month.

They're having a sale on coffees.

Can't see it surviving the winter, could have done well had it opened in the summer though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Candeela

New Japanese / Sushi takeaway opened in the Egan Centre on Dargle Road - "Sushi Hana". Will give it a try at the weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Sounds interesting if maybe a little pricy for a takeaway:

https://www.just-eat.ie/restaurants-sushihanabray/menu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,571 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

B0jangles wrote: »
    Sounds interesting if maybe a little pricy for a takeaway:

https://www.just-eat.ie/restaurants-sushihanabray/menu/

Awesome, they've spider sushi on the menu :), looks like I'll be ordering from them this weekend. Hope the quality is as good as the Dublin sushi restaurants.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Half price on what? Didnt see any signs anywhere

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

"Coffe" only two euro. I told them the spelling was incorrect. Nobody had noticed.

So it was €4 coffee beforehand?

I see Gamestop is being gutted, probably being turned into one of those Gamestop+'s or whatever they're called.

Sushi place looks exciting! Please report back if any of you try them out. Is it a restaurant or a takeaway?

"Coffe" only two euro. I told them the spelling was incorrect. Nobody had noticed.

So it wasnt a half price sale then!!!

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Saw the Bray Head Hotel is up for sale for €1.8m. Wonder what will become of it? I've always meant to spend a night in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,889 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

fjon wrote: »
    Saw the Bray Head Hotel is up for sale for €1.8m. Wonder what will become of it? I've always meant to spend a night in it.

there was previously planning granted for apartments + a smaller hotel in the building, so something similar.

However that's exactly what was planned for the La Touche Hotel in Greystones, then the developer went bust, the new owner wants to knock it and build houses and in the meantime is just letting it rot.

Its too close to the water especially after the last round of flooding, plenty of safer places to risk that kind of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

fjon wrote: »

A little bird told me a Penneys and a Wetherspoons are going into it ;):D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Calibos wrote: »

Might as well throw the Duggans in the pot too :pac:

Might as well throw the Duggans in the pot too :pac:

Must admit that thought crossed my mind yesterday. However theyd only be competing with themselves and the investment required would put the entire Duggan empire at risk imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭Cerco

Calibos wrote: »

Whatever about Weatherspoons, I could not see Penneys moving in there. Too far away from the Main Street imho.
    At the base of the Head and entry to Cliff walk the development should be geared towards visitors. A decent pub/restaurant would be my choice.
    Don't know if Weatherspoons fits the bill.

Twas a joke :D

Any time a new premises in Bray becomes available invariably Penneys and Wetherspoons are mentioned. The humour is in the fact that Penneys in the Bray Head Hotel is patently ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭Cerco

Sorry , I'm a bit slow on the take up.��

Haha cant believe that was taken seriously

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

I wouldn't put it past the Duggan clan to pick it up for that bargain price.

They have a midas touch.

Just think of the boutique hotel they could create with such a unique venue. They wouldn't be cannibalising their own business but probably taking from the Royal hotel and beyond.

If they turned it into a wedding venue that would be Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights booked out there.

Here's hoping it's a really positive move whoever takes it on.

Nah the Royal doesnt do much business to take!

Terry Pratchet

A little birdy told me that there are already 3 bids in for it.
    I bet it's going to be turned into apartments, which would be a shame. I believe the building is protected though so the facade will stay the same.

• Advertisement

Someone said it would make a fantastic Nursing Home.

Advertisement