Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shops/Businesses in Bray

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

zoobizoo wrote: »
    And yet once you get past the lights at the Royal, it's plain sailing from there up through the town. The lights there and the lights at the bridge stall everything back to the north round about

I find the traffic often miraculously clears after the Old Conna Lights when coming back into the town as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

murpho999 wrote: »
    Agreed, hopefully the Florentine helps with this.

I wonder if the Bray Town Centre will ever happen.

Also, if people are not coming for retail why is the traffic always so bad coming into the town. Even at 10am this morning it was bumper to bumper.

In the mornings schools kill the traffic. Dublin Road and Castle Street are going to be choked when the 2 new schools open.

Part of the reason for bad traffic in the town is only 1 bridge over the dargle.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Ideally there' be a turn off on the northern roundabout also, that went towards the sea over the farm land, took a right at the DART line, over the Dargle and into the Harbour.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭marko99

Sign up today on Tony's former Asian market saying a new restaurant called Blue Ginger is opening there shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,473 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

marko99 wrote: »
    Sign up today on Tony's former Asian market saying a new restaurant called Blue Ginger is opening there shortly.

Ok wonder if it's the same people who run Blue Ginger restaurant in Dun Laoghaire?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Ok wonder if it's the same people who run Blue Ginger restaurant in Dun Laoghaire?

I'd imagine it is, the one in Dún Laoghaire is grand and very reasonably priced, very friendly staff too, But does Bray really need more restaurants ? Not that I'd complain about a few Jobs though

21/25

uch wrote: »
    I'd imagine it is, the one in Dún Laoghaire is grand and very reasonably priced, very friendly staff too, But does Bray really need more restaurants ? Not that I'd complain about a few Jobs though

The main street definitely needs more options.

People complain about them but I find they bring vibrancy to an area which attracts people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

Rather a restaurant than a cafe I think, although I think we could do with more places in the style of Noah's Ark

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Johnson_76

Shame about Eddies. Was in Bray yesterday evening first time in ages, traffic was awful. Granted the sun was out but still very outputting

• Registered Users Posts: 26,571 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

There was a huge crash on the N11, saw two fire brigades and one ambulance there. then tried to get from Putland Road to Super Valu at 6:30 and it was a nightmare. Perfect storm of people trying to avoid the crash and the seafront emptying.

Having come back from Sao Paulo on the Saturday the traffic was no surprise to me, (takes 2 hours there to do a 40km airport run)

• Advertisement

uch wrote: »

Saw it for the first time yesterday. Definitely not the same business as in Dun Laoghaire which serves Irish/European fare.

The Bray one is going to be an 'Asian Restaurant' which just makes me think of cheap and crappy which is not what the town needs in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭P0lygon Wind0w

Lidl application for AO Smiths on Boghall
    http://www.eplanning.ie/WicklowCC/AppFileRefDetails/17469/0

not sure they've addressed the reasons they were denied in the first place though
    http://www.eplanning.ie/WicklowCC/AppFileRefDetails/16487/0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭George White

What is that new place opposite McDonald's where Lace used to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

I see Diep is opening down beside Starbucks.

Really happy with that addition if it's up to same standard as their other locations.

Finally, Bray gets it's second decent takeaway after Bombay Pantry*.

* I'm jesting of course but a nice change from all the chinese food.

Data Tandoori is lovely as well, if you've tried it, I would thoroughly recommend it.

A burrito place similar to Boojum or Tolteca would also be a great addition.

I know there was a short lived independent one on the Main Street last year but I think a franchised one might do a little better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Some kind of new restaurant seems to be opening in the Barracuda premises over the Aquarium - there's a banner on the prom-side looking for applicants for a variety of restaurant roles (I think the business name is Butler & Barry, but I'm going off a 2 day old memory for that :o).

B0jangles wrote: »
    Some kind of new restaurant seems to be opening in the Barracuda premises over the Aquarium - there's a banner on the prom-side looking for applicants for a variety of restaurant roles (I think the business name is Butler & Barry, but I'm going off a 2 day old memory for that :o).

It's a Gastro Pub owned by the group that own The Ardmore and what used to be Hollands.

Will be interesting to see how it does.

Hopefully won't impact on the local residents too much.

Data Tandoori is lovely as well, if you've tried it, I would thoroughly recommend it.

Agree totally, switched to it after I noticed how Bombay Pantry portions were become more sauce and less meat and vegetables.

Daata Tandoori is much nicer and better value.

Restaurant is also good, and BYOB which is handy.

• Advertisement

It's a Gastro Pub owned by the group that own The Ardmore and what used to be Hollands.

Why would it impact any more on the local residents anymore than what was there before did or how The Martello does?

Why would it impact any more on the local residents anymore than what was there before did or how The Martello does?

Fair point...

B0jangles wrote: »

Its a tapas bar

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

No the upstairs part is separate to the barracuda part.

Terry Pratchet

The tapas place is called 3Fiesta and its entrance is on the south side of the Sealife building from the prom.

Separately, the old Barracuda restaurant has been closed for months while it is being refurbed but looks to near opening again soon (which I assume will be the gastro pub setup)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

What about the tapas place above the Porterhouse? Is that still there?

3Fiesta menu here,

https://www.facebook.com/3-Fiesta-Tapas-399448173753600/?ref=py_c

Fusion tapas? considered eyebrow well and truly raised.

What about the tapas place above the Porterhouse? Is that still there?

No that closed a good while ago. Pity as it was nice and more authentic Spanish then the new one over Finbees.

3Fiesta menu here,

Yes, the dishes are just wrong and I wouldn't go near it.

Is this coming from the Finnbee's kitchen as the food is not great there at all.

• Advertisement

3Fiesta menu here,

I have heard a few very good reviews

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement