Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shops/Businesses in Bray

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

Barracuda is now Butler & Barry Gastro pub

https://www.facebook.com/butlerandbarry/?ref=page_internal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Name sounds a bit 2013 just before peak hipster hit.

Food luck to them nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Antrim_Man wrote: »

I hear it is the same owners as The Ardmore and The Wild Goose.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 26,571 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

I hear it is the same owners as The Ardmore and The Wild Goose.

If they can replicate the wild goose with a few tweaks it'll do good.

1) longer bar
    2) bring back good craft beers
    3) no tv's
    4) don't ramp up volume at 9pm of the music.

Would love to see a menu or opening date / times on those fb page.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

What kind of food? Steaks and burgers?

• Advertisement

Thargor wrote: »
    What kind of food? Steaks and burgers?

No menu published. Not clear from their Facebook that they'll even do food. They will giving the kitchen in the barracuda but they're not exactly showing their cards just yet.

Haven't been down the seafront in a while have they opened yet?

They will be doing food.

Did they get rid of the craft beers from Hollands? Haven't been there since it changed hands.

zoobizoo wrote: »
    They will be doing food.

Did they get rid of the craft beers from Hollands? Haven't been there since it changed hands.

Didn't get rid. They just drastically reduced them. There's two Wicklow wolf taps, one mcgargles then the rest are Guinness/Heineken/Franciscan Well/Smithwicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,473 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

If they can replicate the wild goose with a few tweaks it'll do good.

1) longer bar
    2) bring back good craft beers
    3) no tv's
    4) don't ramp up volume at 9pm of the music.

Would love to see a menu or opening date / times on those fb page.

It's the same owners as two pubs in Bray so I think they'll follow a similar model.

Both bars have TVs and bands at the weekend.

Given it's seafront location I'd expect there to be music once the food finishes as they are competing with the Martello and Porterhouse and music now seems compulsory in pubs in Ireland nowadays.:mad:

I just hope the food is better as the Grey Goose, as Holland's is now called is not that great really. They try too hard in my opinion and serve lots of grilled food laced with a mayo based sauce.

A burger, chicken wings and chocolate brownie does not make a pub a "Gastropub".

All depends if they manage to find a good chef.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭marko99

I see that the Shelbys/tapas/greek/Lebanon venue on Main St. is gearing up to reopen. Pink Salt this time around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

I see Diep is opening down beside Starbucks.

Really happy with that addition if it's up to same standard as their other locations.

Gotta say I love Diep in Blackrock/Cornelscourt.

But I had the Pad Thai from Bray last week and it was NOT the same standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭Alun

marko99 wrote: »
    I see that the Shelbys/tapas/greek/Lebanon venue on Main St. is gearing up to reopen. Pink Salt this time around.
    Pink Salt??? Is that some oblique reference to Himalayan cuisine maybe?

Antrim_Man wrote: »

This opened for a teaser last week for one day and is open Tuesday to Friday this week.

Looks like they're trying it out before full launch.

Hope it's a good place as it's a great location.

Might try and visit it on Thursday (my payday), I was down there for the vintage car show there two weeks ago and they've done a nice job however - and i'm being really picky here - the signage on the bar itself is slightly crooked. Also I assume Finnbee's and 3Fiesta aren't liking that big hand pointing business away from them :pac:

Has In The Bean closed?

Drove by today and it didn't look open.

zoobizoo wrote: »
    Has In The Bean closed?

Drove by today and it didn't look open.

Yes, saw that on Saturday.

Sign on the door saying they had to cease trading due to circumstances beyond their control.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

Not to worry, there's a new coffee shop opening up on Quinsboro road to take its place.

fjon wrote: »
    Not to worry, there's a new coffee shop opening up on Quinsboro road to take its place.

I detect sarcasm there but I actually think it's good for the town to have nice places to go to and I don't think there are many on the Main Street.

I agree, but I think coffee shops is one thing that Main St has in spades. It could do with some more interesting eating places like Noah's Ark though I think. 
    From what I can remember, these are on, or near, Main St:
    Sprinkles
    Liz Anne's
    Little Coffee Shop
    Cafe Gourmet
    O'Briens
    Betelnut cafe
    Uncle Pan's

I agree, but I think coffee shops is one thing that Main St has in spades. It could do with some more interesting eating places like Noah's Ark though I think. 
    Sprinkles
    Liz Anne's
    Little Coffee Shop
    Cafe Gourmet
    O'Briens
    Betelnut cafe
    Uncle Pan's
    i think the problem with all those listed is there's not a decent cup of coffee in any of them. either the beans are over-roasted or of poor quality or the milk is boiled to 100c and you can't sip it for 20 mins. Noah's ark is the only decent cup of coffee on the main street. Also god help you if you want a cup after 6pm.

• Advertisement

Also god help you if you want a cup after 6pm.

God help you indeed. What are you doing wandering the streets of Bray after 6pm looking for coffee for. That's a cry for help.

Sprinkles
    Liz Anne's
    Little Coffee Shop
    Cafe Gourmet
    O'Briens
    Betelnut cafe
    Uncle Pan's

Sprinkles - Wouldn't go near it for coffee.
    Liz Anne's - Too Old School, poor food
    Little Coffee Shop - Is that on Florence road? If so, so small that I woudln't go in.
    Cafe Gourmet - Can't stand the place, cheap fried food that would turn me off the coffee.
    O'Briens - Not the worst choice.
    Betelnut cafe - Coffee ok, overpriced food, not the best quality.
    Uncle Pan's- No idea where this is.

i think the problem with all those listed is there's not a decent cup of coffee in any of them. either the beans are over-roasted or of poor quality or the milk is boiled to 100c and you can't sip it for 20 mins. Noah's ark is the only decent cup of coffee on the main street. Also god help you if you want a cup after 6pm.

Starbucks or a pub are your only option.

Glenster wrote: »
    God help you indeed. What are you doing wandering the streets of Bray after 6pm looking for coffee for. That's a cry for help.

What about people who work nights? Hardly a cry for help :rolleyes:

What about people who work nights? Hardly a cry for help :rolleyes:

Isn't it?

Glenster wrote: »

What rubbish, only last Saturday, I got out of the house late to do supermarket shopping as I was delayed by DIY stuff at home.

When I was out at around 6.30 I fancied a coffee and my choices were very limited.

Caffe Letterario on the Albert walk is good for a late coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Caffe Letterario on the Albert walk is good for a late coffee.

The food there is delicious too. I had a soup there last week. It was pumpkin and cheese raviolo in a broth with broccoli. It doesnt sound nice but it was really good.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

The food there is delicious too. I had a soup there last week. It was pumpkin and cheese raviolo in a broth with broccoli. It doesnt sound nice but it was really good.

Yes, another thumbs up for this place.

Do great sandwiches on Firehouse Bakery bread from Delgany.

Just a pity the place is so small and cramped.

• Advertisement

Yeah they could get more ergonomic furniture

Advertisement