Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shops/Businesses in Bray

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

What's this Cloud 9 place opening beside the Gem? Another lacklustre covfefe shop?

From their Facebook Page:

"We are delighted to announce the opening of Bray Cloud9, a new business located at 15 Quinnsboro Rd Bray. The new shop will officially open on 7th July. The store carries a wide array of items for all shoppers, including furniture, home décor, household goods, CDs, books, games, adult and children's clothing.
    UNITY in the Community is our motto, our vison is to have Bray Cloud9 as an inspirational business to support and fund local causes on a continuous basis. Our aim is to support and strengthen the local community, by helping bring a wide range of rewarding benefits.
    Here is how you can help, call us if you have furniture items to donate: (We will arrange pick up!) all donation sold in the shop will go toward helping others in the local community.
    We are inviting the people of the community to attend a reception Bray Cloud9 on the 6th July between 5.30pm to 7pm to find out more about us and be among the first to preview the many household item we have in stock. Refreshments will be served."

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

So...it's....Castaways Mark II then?

I enjoy a rummage around Castaways...and got a sofabed there last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭George White

Oh, good, I need some shelves.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,473 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

So...it's....Castaways Mark II then?

I enjoy a rummage around Castaways...and got a sofabed there last year.

A second hand second hand shop?

Two new coffee shops opening up in Bray.

One on the Vevay close to the top of Putland Hill called Ripples.

The other called Spoon where the old Nationwide was - on the corner where you turn down to the Maltings...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

zoobizoo wrote: »

The other called Spoon where the old Nationwide was - on the corner where you turn down to the Maltings...

There must be someone drinking a hell of a lot of coffee in Bray!

I'm all for new businesses opening up and in particular in previously vacant units but surely there isn't a market for another 2 coffee shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

What beside the blind shop and the takeaway? 2 coffee shops just went bust in that unit this year alone, nobody goes for a coffee there, even before Costa opened down the road in Tesco...

https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.1927789,-6.1055936,3a,75y,251.74h,87.35t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sMn8584Xf0COOwXzfd2yrww!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

This Streetview image is old, I dont remember "Forte Takeaway", Vevay Inn still standing next door aswell, that was a nice pub before it burned down.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

Ripples has been opened and now closed for a while. Do you mean reopening??

Oh sorry.

I was talking about Ripples.

Just shows how I avoid that part of the vevay heading in and out of the town

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

Oh sorry.

I was talking about Ripples.

Just shows how I avoid that part of the vevay heading in and out of the town

Definitely closed for quite a few months now. IIRC there's a very small handwritten sign in the window saying "cafe for rent" or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭DelmarODonnell

Thargor wrote: »
    What beside the blind shop and the takeaway? 2 coffee shops just went bust in that unit this year alone, nobody goes for a coffee there, even before Costa opened down the road in Tesco...

https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.1927789,-6.1055936,3a,75y,251.74h,87.35t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sMn8584Xf0COOwXzfd2yrww!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

This Streetview image is old, I dont remember "Forte Takeaway", Vevay Inn still standing next door aswell, that was a nice pub before it burned down.

Forte was there for donkeys years. A decent bag of chips

New Indian restaurant opened on the Main Street beside Specsavers.

http://pinksalt.ie/

Looks to be a higher-end offering than your standard Indian restaurant and apparently the chef came from Chakra in Greystones.

Looking forward to trying it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭Alun

New Indian restaurant opened on the Main Street beside Specsavers.

http://pinksalt.ie/

Looks to be a higher-end offering than your standard Indian restaurant and apparently the chef came from Chakra in Greystones.

Looking forward to trying it out.
    Excellent!! I love Chakra, so if it's even close to that in quality, it should be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭marko99

I tried a takeaway from Pink Salt at the weekend - superb!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭Alun

marko99 wrote: »
    I tried a takeaway from Pink Salt at the weekend - superb!
    Good news! I was in the market for a takeaway on Tuesday, and saw they were on Just Eat already, so went in to order, and ..... they're closed on Tuesday!!!

Will definitely visit or get a takeaway soon.

Fish Bar are currently trialling opening on Wednesdays as well.

Fish Bar are currently trialling opening on Wednesdays as well.

Can you only eat on the outside seats there or do they serve in the Harbour Bar?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

You can eat in the lounge, conservatory is well set up for it, and there are the few little huts too.

Also saw a new cafe called "Spoons" being readied on the old Irish Nationwide building.

I know people will complain about another cafe but I think it could be a great spot overlooking the river.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Also saw a new cafe called "Spoons" being readied on the old Irish Nationwide building.

I know people will complain about another cafe but I think it could be a great spot overlooking the river.

And better to see those units in use than vacant.

Would love to see that building above it, opposite the Royal being revamped. It used to house a toy shop in the 80s. It's a fantastic building.

• Advertisement

And better to see those units in use than vacant.

Would love to see that building above it, opposite the Royal being revamped. It used to house a toy shop in the 80s. It's a fantastic building.

Superland if memory serves me correctly.

I find it amazing that Bray does not have a toy shop anymore.

Ah yes, Superland.

what was the name of the men's clothes shop just up from there where the Chinese supermarket is / the carpet sale shop was?

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Ah yes, Superland.

what was the name of the men's clothes shop just up from there where the Chinese supermarket is / the carpet sale shop was?

Was there a mens clothes shop there? I remember Cyril Dunnes next door to the Church at 99 Main Street Bray. It is now Shoe Rack.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Ah yes, Superland.

That was Duggan's.

He also had a shop in what is now Hilton's Pharmacy.

There was definitely better shops in Bray in the 80s and 90s.

The former "A Stone's Throw" cafe has reopened as "Bloom's Cafe"

Not sure if there was a change in ownership but the whole place seems to have been refurbished.

Also, a new BBQ & grill place called Cowfish has opened on the balcony area over Platform Pizza. Menu looks decent from what I've seen and looking forward to giving it a try.

Also, a new BBQ & grill place called Cowfish has opened on the balcony area over Platform Pizza. Menu looks decent from what I've seen and looking forward to giving it a try.

Is it owned by the Duggans? I can't find much about it online. Keen to give it a try.

fjon wrote: »
    Is it owned by the Duggans? I can't find much about it online. Keen to give it a try.

Yes, it's another addition to the Duggan empire!

Couldn't find much online either but a friend of mine was at the soft opening and sent a photo of the menu (attached)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,571 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Menu looks interesting. Looking forward to trying it, wonder how much business it'll get in winter though, also since it's on the balcony it means you can bet there'll be smokers sitting beside you :/

Yes, it's another addition to the Duggan empire!

Couldn't find much online either but a friend of mine was at the soft opening and sent a photo of the menu (attached)

Very good, small menu but interesting choices, and good prices. Wouldn't be great for vegetarians though.

• Advertisement

I like that menu a lot.

Very different and innovative.

Compare that to the "Gastropub" , Butler & Barry that recently opened, serving burgers, fish and chips, curry and surf and turf.

Advertisement