Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shops/Businesses in Bray

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Another salon open up where Central Garage used to be.

Yeah and it looks like they are trying to rent the back of the building

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭George White

I asked why another pharmacy was opening in Bray, they said they felt like it, and I said, "there's two already on the same block. Open up something that isn't in Bray."

• Registered Users Posts: 26,571 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

I asked why another pharmacy was opening in Bray, they said they felt like it, and I said, "there's two already on the same block. Open up something that isn't in Bray."
    I'm sure they loved that line of questioning.

Like I agree with you there's a lot of the same kind of shops in Bray but is it really necessary to ask them why? One would easily assume they've done their research.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I asked why another pharmacy was opening in Bray, they said they felt like it,."
    That made me lol :P

George does that. Goes in and asks weird questions or says weird things to shopkeepers.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭fortwilliam

I see a SOLD sign on The Strand Hotel...

Anyone any ideas? (Bring on the Witherspoons speculation)

Spoons is open on the bridge

Terry Pratchet

George does that. Goes in and asks weird questions or says weird things to shopkeepers.
    Yes, but I'm a journalist. It's in my nature. :cool:

Sprinkles - Ireland's first choco-kebab house has shut. It lasted longer than I'd thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,473 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Any idea what sort of food is on offer?

Could be a great spot overlooking the river.

I do wish the Dargleside was more devloped like in the Bray Town Centre plan, the boardwalk gives a small idea of how nice a riverside venue could be.

• Advertisement

Sprinkles - Ireland's first choco-kebab house has shut. It lasted longer than I'd thought.
    Empty every time I ever walked past it, a bizarre little business.

Thargor wrote: »
    Empty every time I ever walked past it, a bizarre little business.
    It'd have done better if they focused on ice creams rather than "hot treats". www.independent.ie/regionals/braypeople/lifestyle/first-chocolate-kebab-shop-opens-in-bray-35199063.html Smells of a tax dodge.

It'd have done better if they focused on ice creams rather than "hot treats". www.independent.ie/regionals/braypeople/lifestyle/first-chocolate-kebab-shop-opens-in-bray-35199063.html Smells of a tax dodge.

How do you think running a business that loses money is a tax dodge?

It was just clearly a bad idea and the owners sound like dreamers.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

I have just seen a post on FB. It seems that Bray is getting an "Adult" shop on the Main Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

drake70 wrote: »
    I have just seen a post on FB. It seems that Bray is getting an "Adult" shop on the Main Street.

:eek:

Some other things I noticed recently: Twizzlers is now (partly?) a Donut shop. The old Hollands offlicense is going to be a newsagent (directly across the road from a Gala).

Between a sweet shop and a school book toy shop....really?

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 14,889 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Between a sweet shop and a school book toy shop....really?

something for the adults to do while the kids are buying sweets/toys?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭skibum

And it's going to be called "2 in the pink" :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Yes - a decent joke to get the Bray Open Forum people in a twist

zoobizoo wrote: »
    Yes - a decent joke to get the Bray Open Forum people in a twist

Is it a joke? If so it's very good :D

The comments on BOF are great

• Advertisement

A hoax I think

Terry Pratchet

A hoax I think

Yes it was a hoax. The posters were placed on the outside of the glass.

A shame it was outed so early as it was due to be discussed on East Coast Radio this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Ko, the coffee shop owned by Pete Taylore down on the Corner of Albert Walk and Albert Ave has closed.

Never heard of that one...

Daata becoming bigger and more expensive - at least sit-down wise. Takeaways roughly the same,

• Registered Users Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Daata becoming bigger and more expensive - at least sit-down wise. Takeaways roughly the same,
    I wondered why they were marked as offline on JustEat for the last few weeks!

This place appears to be closed already. Is it the shortest lived shop in Bray?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

murpho999 wrote: »
    This place appears to be closed already. Is it the shortest lived shop in Bray?

I was just thinking I never once saw it open. Shame, it looks nice from the outside.

Didn't have much of a varied menu.
    The Burrito place was open for two weeks IIRC. How long was Spoons? 3? At least I saw people in Spoons.

• Advertisement

In fairness how can you say it will become more expensive before it has opened?

It had already gone up a bit as they stopped using the same take away menu prices in the restaurant.

Hopefully they do a nice job on it as the food is very nice there.

Advertisement