Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shops/Businesses in Bray

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,473 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Lush type shop apparently

That's exactly what it is.

Was open on Saturday/ A shop full of Bath Bombs. Will probably do well for Christmas and then gone by Easter.

Do business people not actually look at what is needed in the town rather than just open anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

murpho999 wrote: »
    That's exactly what it is.

Was open on Saturday/ A shop full of Bath Bombs. Will probably do well for Christmas and then gone by Easter.

Do business people not actually look at what is needed in the town rather than just open anything?

I work across the road and it doesnt seem busy at all. Hopefully it picks up closer to Christmas. Can't imagine it lasting too long unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭George White

Ecco shoes opening beside the former Eddie Rocket's.
    What's going on with Dicker? They've just let it rot there, have the funereal display still in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

New pound shop type shop on Connolly Square before Polonez

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

Ecco shoes opening beside the former Eddie Rocket's.
    What's going on with Dicker? They've just let it rot there, have the funereal display still in there.

Ecco is a decent shop for the main street. Hope it's busy enough to survive.
    Anyone know what's happening with Eddie Rockets? It has been Sold for a while now. Will it open again as Eddie Rockets, or something else?

• Advertisement

fjon wrote: »
    Ecco is a decent shop for the main street. Hope it's busy enough to survive.
    Anyone know what's happening with Eddie Rockets? It has been Sold for a while now. Will it open again as Eddie Rockets, or something else?

Doubt it will open again as an Eddie's as that's a franchise which is nothing to do with the ownership of the building.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Doubt it will open again as an Eddie's as that's a franchise which is nothing to do with the ownership of the building.

If someome purchased the franchise it could!

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

Been a while since anyone has brought up the Florentine Centre. Could this be it, finally?

5v6FQ1E.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I really hope if that cinema is built that they include at least one giant screen, people are a lot more picky about their screens these days than when planning for that started back in the day, having a cinema on the main street would be amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭NobodyImportant

I hope the Florentine centre gets built finally, that whole area is an eye sore. Would love to know the traffic plan for it though.

Did anyone see that the council are planning to knock this 100 year old, perfect house, for 50 car parking spaces in Herbert Car Park? https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/council-plans-to-demolish-725k-period-house-to-extend-car-park-36420261.html 

We all give out about our heritage being knocked down and here they are again, trying to demolish a gorgeous period house, for parking....

Here is the planning submission form and email address in case anyone would like to object to this travesty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,571 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

an Fit4Less (Engergie) gym is opening soon in the old cinema.

http://www.f4l.com/bray/

Warning wear a pair of sunglasses before visiting the website above (the colours are garish).

Seems like "Town Fair" beside Polonez is already closed. Some kind of Christmas themed popup shop.

Yet the door still has open on it. Despite being locked and empty.

I see they've but a fake front over the KFC. So we won't be seeing that open soon.
    Pity.

Lidl has been approved for the AO Smith site at last, not sure if the previous refusal was overturned or if they rejigged their plans or what, a cinema was dropped from the scheme apparently which is a bit bizarre tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Thargor wrote: »
    Lidl has been approved for the AO Smith site at last, not sure if the previous refusal was overturned or if they rejigged their plans or what, a cinema was dropped from the scheme apparently which is a bit bizarre tbh.
    How are they going to manage the traffic? It's bad enough with that crazy set of lights by the shopping centre without adding another entrance to the mix.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

a cinema was dropped from the scheme apparently which is a bit bizarre tbh.

That's a pity :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,571 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

being honest, I'd much rather they'd build a proper big cinema on the outskirts of the town, florentine centre strikes me as somewhere that would have like 8 screens each only slightly larger than a cinema in a King Edward Road home.

You'd want the cinema to have at least one IMAX, iSense type screens, which require a massive amount of space

2011 wrote: »
    That's a pity :(

There's one being built on the main street isn't there or has that scheme been cancelled already?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,889 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

There's one being built on the main street isn't there or has that scheme been cancelled already?

there's one as part of the Florentine Centre - 5 screens I think.

• Advertisement

being honest, I'd much rather they'd build a proper big cinema on the outskirts of the town, florentine centre strikes me as somewhere that would have like 8 screens each only slightly larger than a cinema in a King Edward Road home.

You'd want the cinema to have at least one IMAX, iSense type screens, which require a massive amount of space

There are not that many IMAX screens around, one in Dublin, and a few Odeon's with their own iSense screens so they are not like a standard cinema screen.

There will be a 5 screen cinema in the Florentine which could be good, it does not mean they will be small.

Seems like "Town Fair" beside Polonez is already closed. Some kind of Christmas themed popup shop.

It is still open. It is now a chinese supermarket.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭Plastik

Had a look at the Lidl planning earlier. Two entrances, one on the Boghall utilising the old factory entrance, and another one that breaks into the Killarney Road Business Park. Killarney-Boghall junction to be upgraded prior to commencement. Survey on traffic levels found/predicted the increased traffic of the development to be negligible and below the threshold under which further research would be required by TII.

Irish Times Article

Interesting article about supermarket planning issues. Details how Aldi's plans for the Heiton's site was blocked and how the new AO Smith developed might be delayed all due to objections by Tesco and Supervalu.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭P0lygon Wind0w

Tesco have submitted their appeal against Lidl at AO Smiths. All for the good of the town of course.

Big business strangling development for their own gains. Same old story. Planning needs a shake up.

I thought they were going ahead because they'd successfully appealed all the objections from last time?

Is Tropica closed now on Quinsborough Road?
    Is Dicker's just being left to rot there by the famiky? All his memorabilia is still in there, the shutters closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Tippex

Is Tropica closed now on Quinsborough Road?
    Is Dicker's just being left to rot there by the famiky? All his memorabilia is still in there, the shutters closed.

was only saying the same to my missus this morning when we passed by dickers that and mccabes are a real eyesore now

McCabe's is "going to be reopen soon", I was told, but Dicker's they don't know about what's going on. Surely, the family would sell it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

Whats going in beside the court rooms on the Boghall road, old warehouse now getting large doors and windows.

Advertisement