Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shops/Businesses in Bray

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Court Rooms? What are those?

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

Been living here for 5 years and never knew about that, thanks.

Thargor wrote: »
    Been living here for 5 years and never knew about that, thanks.

Isn't it great, the main street courts are at capacity so they'll probably start using the Boghall ones again :rolleyes:

I see the closed down arts and crafts shop on the main street is going to be turned into a fishmongers... I dont want to be a constant pessimist in this thread but is there enough demand for another fishmongers to keep them going there?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I see the closed down arts and crafts shop on the main street is going to be turned into a fishmongers... I dont want to be a constant pessimist in this thread but is there enough demand for another fishmongers to keep them going there?

Look on the bright side, it could have been a coffee shop :D

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭browne_rob5

The fishmongers on Florence Road seems to be busy despite having a very limited stock. I went there a couple of times but wasn't a fan as there is no details of origin or price on display and the fish was just packaged in normal plastic bags as opposed to the resealable ones you get in most fishmongers these days.

I would certainly use the new place if its up to standard. Currently going to Cornelscourt.

Is there other fishmongers in Bray that I'm not aware of? Relatively new to the town!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,473 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I also think it's good if it turns out to be a good shop.

The one on Florence Road always seemed odd to me as it had very little produce on display.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭Alun

murpho999 wrote: »
    The one on Florence Road always seemed odd to me as it had very little produce on display.
    It depends a lot on when you visit I think. If you go in on Thursday or Friday there always seems to be a lot there in my experience. Probably down to the idea that persists that fish is a Friday thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

This thread has been quiet lately. Anything going on?
    I noticed a skip outside the old Campo de Fiori reastaurant and some renovation going on inside. Hopefully someone is moving in there as it’s a prime spot.

• Advertisement

fjon wrote: »
    I noticed a skip outside the old Campo de Fiori reastaurant and some renovation going on inside. Hopefully someone is moving in there as it’s a prime spot.
    That'd be great if it was. It's been unoccupied for a few years now and was starting to look like a bit of an eyesore to be honest.

Anyone know whats going in down the road from Aldi a bit on the Boghall? They renovated one of those old red brick buildings...

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭justincasey

I see another hairdresser going in on the main street ...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I see another hairdresser going in on the main street ...

That’s a pity we could do with another coffee shop.....:)

Anyone know whats going in down the road from Aldi a bit on the Boghall? They renovated one of those old red brick buildings...

My guess is a carpet or tile or kitchen showroom :)

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭marko99

I visited the new fish shop today, and enjoyed scallops and Dover sole tonight. Nice selection of fresh fish, well presented - I hope it gets support.

It's the crew from the old ice house in Dun L harbour.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,571 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

I see there was decorators in China kitchen today. Good to see someone might be going into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I cant figure out town fair

Is it a Christms bauble shop or a chinese food shop or a coffee shop?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 28,473 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

marko99 wrote: »
    I visited the new fish shop today, and enjoyed scallops and Dover sole tonight. Nice selection of fresh fish, well presented - I hope it gets support.

It's the crew from the old ice house in Dun L harbour.

Was in it today and to be honest I was not overly impressed.

Shop to me was very bare. With very little fish on display. Could also offer some sauces and other items like a butcher would.

Hopefully it will come as shop develops as it only opened this week but I would have expected a good fish shop to have lots more fish and shellfish on display.

3.jpg
    Look at the likes of Wrights or Dorans in Howth as examples.
    Above is a picture of Shellfish in Doran's.

I see there was decorators in China kitchen today. Good to see someone might be going into it.
    They were putting up signage today ... "Grand Foods". Could be anything, even yet another café!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭justincasey

Alun wrote: »
    They were putting up signage today ... "Grand Foods". Could be anything, even yet another café!
    Heres hoping

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Looks interesting anyway

http://grandfoods.ie/accordion-menu-2/

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭browne_rob5

Looks nice! Any indication of an opening date?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,571 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Looks good from the menu, something a little bit different. Pity about the stock photoshopped images though.

Looks good from the menu, something a little bit different. Pity about the stock photoshopped images though.
    They've left Lorem Ipsum text in the main menu aswell.

To be fair, that website isn't ready yet. I don't even know how you found the menu.

We serve 33cl / 50cl and 100cl for Zuborg, WudXeiser and Xalsberg :D

Ah we just like to complain about things in this thread, best of luck with it, Ill be in after you've been open for a while.

Ah we just like to complain about things in this thread, best of luck with it, Ill be in after you've been open for a while.

It's not my place nor do I know whose it is. :D
    I'll go check it out too sooner or later.

I see there's a sign on the old Strand Hotel saying Caffe Vergagno 1882, coming soon. I guess this is it ...

https://www.caffevergnano.com/en/coffe-shop-project/

I also see the Campo de Fiori place is now completely gutted, but no sign of much else happening yet.

• Advertisement

Alun wrote: »
    I see there's a sign on the old Strand Hotel saying Caffe Vergagno 1882, coming soon. I guess this is it ...

https://www.caffevergnano.com/en/coffe-shop-project/

I also see the Campo de Fiori place is now completely gutted, but no sign of much else happening yet.

Another coffee shop, hurrah!!!!!

Advertisement