Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shops/Businesses in Bray

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

So the Duggans bought the Porterhouse. Can they purchase any more of Bray seafront?

(This isnt just another rumour at all. Completely true. My family member was told directly by Joe Duggan himself)

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

So the Duggans bought the Porterhouse. Can they purchase any more of Bray seafront?

(This isnt just another rumour at all. Completely true. My family member was told directly by Joe Duggan himself)

Wow. I also heard they bought the pub opposite Goldsmiths - anyone able to confirm that?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,571 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

if they could spruce it up a bit then it'll be great. the inside is awfully dark, not to mention that awful outside wind sheltered area.

fjon wrote: »
    Wow. I also heard they bought the pub opposite Goldsmiths - anyone able to confirm that?

Clancys?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭beertons

There's a pub opposite Goldsmiths?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

Clancys?
    That’s the one

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

Not sure you can take anything Joe says as Gospel anymore. He's getting on a bit now if you know what I mean.

If its true though!! Just the going concerns of O'Driscolls, The Hibernia and Jim Doyles left to acquire. When are they buying the Bray Head Hotel LOL!! :D

Calibos wrote: »
    Not sure you can take anything Joe says as Gospel anymore. He's getting on a bit now if you know what I mean.

Nope. I actually dont know what you mean. He isnt a doddery old man who doesnt what he's talking about. His mind is still quite sharp!

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Board@Work

Hi Does anyone know of any update on the proposed Lidl on the Boghall? I know An Bord Pleana were going to make a decision in early Jun 2018?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I've no idea what's going on, but I'd imagine a major concern would be regarding traffic management. That junction is a mess at certain times of the day, compounded by the other mess that is the junction outside the Boghall shopping centre and a bus stop way too close to the junction on the Killarney Road outside the church. Adding more entrances / exits close to that junction is only going to make matters worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tonkpills

New planning permission sought for a Petrol Station with forecourt convenience shop with off-licence between Boghall Road and the Southern Cross Road. Looks like they have space for 2 cafes. Do we really need another petrol station, there's one at hills and one in the vevay road...
    http://www.eplanning.ie/WicklowCC/AppFileRefDetails/18822/0

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Tippex

tonkpills wrote: »
    New planning permission sought for a Petrol Station with forecourt convenience shop with off-licence between Boghall Road and the Southern Cross Road. Looks like they have space for 2 cafes. Do we really need another petrol station, there's one at hills and one in the vevay road...

Already a thread of it's own here https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057894784

tonkpills wrote: »
    As Tippex said, there's already a thread on this. Its an odd one alright, probably connected to some other, as yet unpublished, plans for that whole area. It certainly wouldn't make any sense to build something like that there without there being something like that in the pipeline.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Does anyone have any info on the new Lidl at the end of the Boghall Road? Can't find anything anywhere about it. The manager of the one down the end of the town hasn't heard anything either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Alun wrote: »
    As Tippex said, there's already a thread on this. Its an odd one alright, probably connected to some other, as yet unpublished, plans for that whole area. It certainly wouldn't make any sense to build something like that there without there being something like that in the pipeline.

Could be linked to this planned road.

Thargor wrote: »
    Does anyone have any info on the new Lidl at the end of the Boghall Road? Can't find anything anywhere about it. The manager of the one down the end of the town hasn't heard anything either.

Nope the case was due to be decided back in june but nothing yet
    http://www.pleanala.ie/casenum/300802.htm

The folks behind Dockyard No. 8 are hiring staff for a gastro pub (their words not mine) which is the old Kavanagh's / bridge kitchen place.

Super excited about this as their food/coffee is pretty decent add some nice beers to that and it'll be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,242 ✭✭✭✭jake is right

^^^^
    Is that on Castle Street, opposite Superquinns ?

^^^^
    Is that on Castle Street, opposite Superquinns ?

Yup

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭browne_rob5

The folks behind Dockyard No. 8 are hiring staff for a gastro pub (their words not mine) which is the old Kavanagh's / bridge kitchen place.

Super excited about this as their food/coffee is pretty decent add some nice beers to that and it'll be great.

Great news! Any word on when they might open? Looks like there is a nice bit of work to do.

• Advertisement

Great news! Any word on when they might open? Looks like there is a nice bit of work to do.
    Not sure, but judging by the interior when it was The Bridge Cafe it'll need to be gutted, I'd be surprised if it's open by Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 redgerry

On Brennan's Parade off the Strand Road.

creolefood.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

redgerry wrote: »
    On Brennan's Parade off the Strand Road.

creolefood.ie

I've seen a few comments on Facebook saying the food is extremely nice, and I have a copy of the menu which has lots of interesting options and which has actually been properly proof-read!!!

Sounds trivial I know, but I think it's a sign of real professionalism when a takeaway menu is decently written.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,473 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

B0jangles wrote: »
    I've seen a few comments on Facebook saying the food is extremely nice, and I have a copy of the menu which has lots of interesting options and which has actually been properly proof-read!!!

Sounds trivial I know, but I think it's a sign of real professionalism when a takeaway menu is decently written.

Agreed, also I hate restaurant websites that make you download a PDF menu, just show the menu on screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 hungergamer

Ordered from Creole on Friday night. Everything was delicious! The marinated chicken and mushroom croquettes were heavenly!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,473 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Ordered from Creole on Friday night. Everything was delicious! The marinated chicken and mushroom croquettes were heavenly!

Also ordered from it last Thursday.

Food is very good.

Had a Chicken Sate starter and then the prawn jambalaya which were both great.

It's a little bit pricey but then again you get what you pay for as it's a step from your average take away.

Just hope the place does well and is not too niche in a very competitive market.

It's a great addition to Bray's culinary scene which has really come on over the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

Most stacks of takeaway menus that get left with us end up going in the bin after hardly any have been taken by customers. Not the Creole ones though. Cant get enough of them as they fly off the counter and need a restock from the owners every other day. This is despite them being delivered to houses in the area too. If customers arent taking a menu they are seeing the menus and asking me if I've tried them yet and proceed to tell me that I need to, as they have and that the food is fantastic. They're obviously something special because This has never happened before.

Had a takeaway from there yesterday, the chicken satay starter and the Mauritian curry with fish and prawns. Both very tasty.

Tippex wrote: »
    Nope the case was due to be decided back in june but nothing yet
    http://www.pleanala.ie/casenum/300802.htm

So An Bord Pleanala updated the page to say that decision was due by 24/9/18 but guess what no updates yet.

• Advertisement

Alun wrote: »
    Had a takeaway from there yesterday, the chicken satay starter and the Mauritian curry with fish and prawns. Both very tasty.
    Went there last night and had a great meal. In the evenings they do a "tapas style" menu with small dishes all in single figures price wise. We had 6 dishes between us plus some garlic bread and a salad and were stuffed. Definitely recommended but the place is tiny inside, probably only seats 10 or so comfortably so definitely book. Currently it's BYOB for drink but I think a drinks licence is on the way.

Advertisement