Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shops/Businesses in Bray

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

Cerco wrote: »
    When did the €2 Shop on Main Street, near Anvil, close?

Eurogiant closed about 2 months ago. It was on Facebook at the time that the stock was being moved to the one at Castle St.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

Cakerbaker wrote: »
    Saw on Facebook that Beez Neez is closing today. Must say the name put me off going in there.

Likewise, I thought the name "Bee'z Nee'z" had so much wrong with it that really put me off. I did go in 3 times, and the food and everything else was really good. If they had gone for more of a hipster look and feel (such as Copper & Straw) I think they might have attracted a few more people.
    It's a shame, it deserved to do better with the quality of food they served.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

What is opening opposite DID on Southern Cross??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

Antrim_Man wrote: »

Costa I think

Cakerbaker wrote: »
    Saw on Facebook that Beez Neez is closing today. Must say the name put me off going in there.

Feck, always meant to go there.

• Advertisement

fjon wrote: »
    Costa I think

Ah FFS :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭Cerco

Antrim_Man wrote: »

Are they building on the site they cleared there?
    Have not been that way for a while but I saw workers clearing a green area there.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Cerco wrote: »
    Are they building on the site they cleared there?
    Have not been that way for a while but I saw workers clearing a green area there.
    Yes, it's pretty much complete now. Can't see how it's going to make any money though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,889 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Alun wrote: »
    Yes, it's pretty much complete now. Can't see how it's going to make any money though.

I thought the same, it's not a centre that people hang around in like Carrickmines. Most people are going to Woodies, they get what the need and then leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭The Real Ramona

I felt the same about the name "Bee'z Nee'z" Couldn't understand why nobody told them how wrong it was. Ate there twice. The food was good, but it was empty bar friends of the place hanging around / coming and going which was a bit off putting.

Crafters at the Arcade is closing down on Saturday. It was a lovely little shop and the owner very nice and helpful. Hate to see these lovely little independent places going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭marko99

loyatemu wrote:
    I thought the same, it's not a centre that people hang around in like Carrickmines. Most people are going to Woodies, they get what the need and then leave.

The cafe upstairs in Flanagan Kerins seems to do a roaring trade at lunchtime, it's well worth a visit and I often go to the centre just to have lunch there.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I felt the same about the name "Bee'z Nee'z" Couldn't understand why nobody told them how wrong it was. Ate there twice. The food was good, but it was empty bar friends of the place hanging around / coming and going which was a bit off putting.

Crafters at the Arcade is closing down on Saturday. It was a lovely little shop and the owner very nice and helpful. Hate to see these lovely little independent places going.

Thats terrible.

They sold really gorgeous stuff

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

New show shop opening opposite the Holy Redeemer, called Bray Footwear. Been set up by two men from Connolly's Shoes. Men's and women's shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭justincasey

Dare I say what looks like a new coffee shop opening beside Asian supermarket

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

New show shop opening opposite the Holy Redeemer, called Bray Footwear. Been set up by two men from Connolly's Shoes. Men's and women's shoes.

Great to see but it's a pity that they didn't get a proper sign writer or design done.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,571 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

about as much thought went into that as the name.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

At least its not another coffee shop :)

The one on Quinsborough Road, Tony's?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭Cerco

about as much thought went into that as the name.

If they sell good quality shoes at a reasonable price, I don’t care what they call themselves. Have not seen the frontage but I think the name mentioned simply describes the product and is in no way pretentious.

zoobizoo wrote: »
    Great to see but it's a pity that they didn't get a proper sign writer or design done.

Yeah the sign does look cheap and tacky. Disappointing.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

The one on Quinsborough Road, Tony's?

On the dublin rd beside the gym

On the dublin rd beside the gym

Great. I'll check it out when it opens.

Thanks.

Great. I'll check it out when it opens.

Thanks.

Your welcome

I tried some food from there yesterday. It was their second day open and the man serving me was so nice and friendly. I got the Thai green curry and it was lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭browne_rob5

I tried some food from there yesterday. It was their second day open and the man serving me was so nice and friendly. I got the Thai green curry and it was lovely.

What's this place called? Is it a restaurant or just take away?

Thanks

Cool I work close by will try it out

What's this place called? Is it a restaurant or just take away?

Thanks

Peacocks. It's beside Ingredients.

You can eat in or take out. There were 4 choices of curries that day and there were rolls etc. too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Had breakfast in The Martello yesterday, lunch in Dockyard and dinner in Ragazzi.

All very good.

Catalyst is the name of the new place opposite Dealz in the old Town Hall Bookshop.

Will be interesting to see how the new pizzeria in Pizzas and Cream will do.

Anyone tried Catalyst yet?

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

Anyone tried Catalyst yet?

It's on my to-do list. I love trying the new places out.

Advertisement