Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shops/Businesses in Bray

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Looks like the old Campo is about to reopen as Ripasso (they have an Instragram & Facebook page with some pictures).

Also, great to see the old Cash & Carry building finally gone. Has been an eyesore there for far too long.

Update on this, looks like it is open from today. New menu is up on their Instagram.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I love the people on Bray open forum morning about this. I’m in my 30’s and have only known this building as a grubby cash and carry and an awful eyesore for people getting off the dart.

Then they complain that it’s apartments going in, but will be the first complain when there’s no housing being built. Literally cannot win with some of them :D

It would win gold in the moaning and whinging forum competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

I love:

"The Airshow volunteers should put events on the Main St"

"The pubs are the only businesses in the town to make any money off the Airshow".

• Registered Users Posts: 26,571 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Greystones open forum would win gold but Bray would be a close close second.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Greystones open forum would win gold but Bray would be a close close second.

Certainly would! i had to leave after certain individuals constant complaining!:pac:

• Advertisement

Update on this, looks like it is open from today. New menu is up on their Instagram.

I'm sitting here now. They've done a lovely job on the interior.

Modern Italian. Looks totally different.

Simple enough menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭sy_flembeck

zoobizoo wrote: »
    That's Bray Open Forum for you...

100% for entertainment value though, I wouldn't be without BOF. Comedy gold

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Skyfloater

zoobizoo wrote: »
    I'm sitting here now. They've done a lovely job on the interior.

Modern Italian. Looks totally different.

Simple enough menu.

They've upped the prices though, which is a pity.

Skyfloater wrote: »

Went back for dinner tonight.

Pizzas were 12 and 14. Both very good.

Dessert 6.50 which was really good.

The plates I saw come out of the kitchen looked very good and they cater well for vegetarians.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

I reckon silver. Greystones for gold!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,470 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

How can you say they have upped the prices when it's a completely different restaurant with a different menu?

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Skyfloater

murpho999 wrote: »
    How can you say they have upped the prices when it's a completely different restaurant with a different menu?

I had heard that some of the old staff were reopening it. Apparently(according to you) not.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

I had heard that some of the old staff were reopening it. Apparently(according to you) not.

Apparently it is some of the old staff but they’ve opened their own completely new restaurant with a new interior/ new menu etc.

Anyone try Double8 yet? They're up in the arcade. Think they've only opened the last week or so, but at least they have an online menu (which is rare for Bray eateries opening).

Menu - https://double8.online/menu

Some pics of food - https://www.instagram.com/double8.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Anyone try Double8 yet? They're up in the arcade. Think they've only opened the last week or so, but at least they have an online menu (which is rare for Bray eateries opening).

Menu - https://double8.online/menu

Some pics of food - https://www.instagram.com/double8.ie/

They are open about 6 or 8 weeks but then in the midst of that 6 weeks they closed for 3. Its very weird. There is no consistency on them being open or closed. It feels like they decide to open about 1 day a month. And who opens a takeaway that is only open and lunchtime? Food is nice. Slightly overpriced for lunch. Dont think the takeaway will last.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

ugh, yeah I noticed different opening times on google maps vs their web site.

consistency is the key with these kinds of things, and they were doing so well with a website with actual info :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭browne_rob5

They are open about 6 or 8 weeks but then in the midst of that 6 weeks they closed for 3. Its very weird. There is no consistency on them being open or closed. It feels like they decide to open about 1 day a month. And who opens a takeaway that is only open and lunchtime? Food is nice. Slightly overpriced for lunch. Dont think the takeaway will last.

Saw on Instagram that they shut for one of their first weekends to attend a friends wedding. You cant run a successful hospitality business like that these days no matter how good the food is.

Saw on Instagram that they shut for one of their first weekends to attend a friends wedding. You cant run a successful hospitality business like that these days no matter how good the food is.

They were closed for 2 or 3 weeks to attend a wedding - I think it was France or maybe Spain?

As I said I don't think it will last.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭The Real Ramona

I haven't tried Double 8 but a friend has and loved the food.

Looks like there's some movement in the old Noah's Ark/Beez Neez premises. Hopefully something good opening up soon. I'd miss the food and atmosphere in Noah's Ark.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I've been up and down the arcade a few times recently and never even noticed it was there. Must have been closed I guess. What's the story with the menu by the way? Only 4 items on it and one of those is a sweet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Got lunch from Double 8 on Sunday. The dumplings are really tasty and I was kicking myself that I only went for 6 instead of 10!

Location might be the killer for them though as I imagine passing footfall along the arcade wouldn't be too high.

They do have the Instagram stuff working well though. Have to say that Ripasso, Catalyst and Copper & Straw all equally have embraced online marketing far better than previous new openings in Bray.

They don't believe in working long hours do they?

Opening hours are bizarre.

murpho999 wrote: »
    They don't believe in working long hours do they?

Opening hours are bizarre.

Cant see it making any money if it is only open about 16 hours a week in total, I think they are

12-3 thursday and friday and 12-5 saturday and sunday and there is no passing trade there on a Sunday

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I didn't think the arcade was even open on Sunday?

Cant see it making any money if it is only open about 16 hours a week in total, I think they are

12-3 thursday and friday and 12-5 saturday and sunday and there is no passing trade there on a Sunday

Ah, that's why it's called Double 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Why is there a food truck hiding behind Power City up on the Boghall? Is it well known for deliveries or something because its not going to get much foot traffic in there apart from the Finnegans drivers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭skibum

Thargor wrote: »
    Why is there a food truck hiding behind Power City up on the Boghall? Is it well known for deliveries or something because its not going to get much foot traffic in there apart from the Finnegans drivers!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Restaurant/BeatBox-374339776492619/

Thargor wrote: »

I think the business there has been quite big to be honest

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I would have thought there would have been some movement on the AO Smith site since LIDL secure planning permission.
    Anyone hear anything of potential start dates?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

I would have thought there would have been some movement on the AO Smith site since LIDL secure planning permission.
    Anyone hear anything of potential start dates?

I remember reading on BOF that it wasn’t going ahead

Advertisement