Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shops/Businesses in Bray

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

fjon wrote: »
    I remember reading on BOF that it wasn’t going ahead

what?! This displeases me greatly. I had great visions of walking 2 mins to it.
    I would be very surprised given the hassle they went through to get the PP on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭Alun

fjon wrote: »
    I remember reading on BOF that it wasn’t going ahead
    What's BOF?

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Alun wrote: »
    What's BOF?

Facebook Bray Open Forum

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Is that confirmed? Any other info?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

I don't think it's confirmed, but the rumour is they are going into the development behind Mountainview Drive instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Heard Florentine has lost their anchor tenant. (Rumour was it was to be Dunnes), and there are some traffic concerns about the centre too.
    So many vacant units in Bray now; hope Florentine won't be a big White Elephant. It's so badly needed

• Registered Users Posts: 14,889 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Heard Florentine has lost their anchor tenant. (Rumour was it was to be Dunnes), and there are some traffic concerns about the centre too.
    So many vacant units in Bray now; hope Florentine won't be a big White Elephant. It's so badly needed

it was discussed further up the thread that Dunnes were unlikely to move as they own their 2 existing units, and they're both so large they'd be tricky to lease out to another retailer.

loyatemu wrote: »
    it was discussed further up the thread that Dunnes were unlikely to move as they own their 2 existing units, and they're both so large they'd be tricky to lease out to another retailer.

Most other Dunnes are quite nice. I'm hoping the two in Bray have been left to rot as they'll be moving soon.

They'd probably just sell the other two shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

I would have taught a traffic study and plan would have formed part of the planning application before permission was granted. The town does be congested enough so can't see how the new shopping centre won't add to that. Hopefully doesn't impact on the opening.

Sad to see the fruit and veg shop in the Village Gate Arcade closed for good.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

New supermarket on Southern X. Lidl, I take it?

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭sy_flembeck

Noticed it was closed today alright. That's a pity

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

I always got my Christmas tree there cos he delivered! Will have to find someone new this year!

I think BIFE is probably producing too many local Barbering graduates.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

I think BIFE is probably producing too many local Barbering graduates.

It's a business with razor-thin margins too.

:pac:

The village gate arcade barbers was opened twice in about three years and didnt last. The main Street barbers opposite the old central garage didnt last but then 2 new barbers opened in the last 3 months on Bray Main Street. Does nobody do a businesses plan to assess their competitors etc?

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

I think it was mentioned up here, but the old Noah's Ark building is being worked on. Anyone know what it's going to be?
    Also, the building beside the Portuguese restaurant had some people working on it too. Would be good if that was in use again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

The village gate arcade barbers was opened twice in about three years and didnt last. The main Street barbers opposite the old central garage didnt last but then 2 new barbers opened in the last 3 months on Bray Main Street. Does nobody do a businesses plan to assess their competitors etc?

Many cash in hand businesses are fronts for moneylaundering.....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,470 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

zoobizoo wrote: »
    Many cash in hand businesses are fronts for moneylaundering.....

Oh come on. You're watching too much TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭Peckham

fjon wrote:
    Also, the building beside the Portuguese restaurant had some people working on it too. Would be good if that was in use again.

There's a notice in the North Wicklow Times of a court application from Brendan Duggan to transfer the pub licence from the Vevay Inn to a different premises. The company name is given as HT Carroll Ltd. That's the old name on that building, so I suspect the Duggans are opening a pub/restaurant there.

• Advertisement

It's a pity they let the 3 dots fall apart

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

murpho999 wrote: »
    Oh come on. You're watching too much TV.

No. I only became aware of it recently from a few different sources recently specifically about barbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

Peckham wrote: »
    There's a notice in the North Wicklow Times of a court application from Brendan Duggan to transfer the pub licence from the Vevay Inn to a different premises. The company name is given as HT Carroll Ltd. That's the old name on that building, so I suspect the Duggans are opening a pub/restaurant there.

I checked the planning permission application on the wall fro HT Carroll. I think the upstairs is being transformed into short term accommodation, like a B&B type accommodation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭Peckham

Lefty2Guns wrote:
    I checked the planning permission application on the wall fro HT Carroll. I think the upstairs is being transformed into short term accommodation, like a B&B type accommodation.

Interesting. Just took a look at the planning application on Wicklow County Council website. It's from the Duggans alright, but plans don't have a bar downstairs just a basic coffee Dock by the looks of it.

I heard boutique hotel about a year or 18 months ago

Whats happening up on the Southern Cross in this field does anyone know? Is it that strange application from a year ago for a through-road and petrol station?

https://www.google.com/maps/@53.1841678,-6.1148718,3a,75y,8.18h,82.73t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1si_sucktTV9l_GB6kIubNPg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

New supermarket, probably Lidl as I don't think they took the AO Smith site in the end.
    They also want a through road from the estates there on the Boghall to Southern X. (Deerpark) etc but the residents Are, quite rightly imo, up in arms about it.
    The other road was to run across Brenannstown onto the N11 and havr a petrol station. Not sure what stage it's at. This is pure conjecture- but would make sense to "give" It to the owner of the one with the utterly lethal exit there at Kilmac

Now people are saying its not Lidl but still a supermarket, I looked it up on the planning site but the only entries for that field are Superquinn 10 years ago, will have to ask one of the builders next time I'm passing.

Thargor wrote: »
    Now people are saying its not Lidl but still a supermarket, I looked it up on the planning site but the only entries for that field are Superquinn 10 years ago, will have to ask one of the builders next time I'm passing.

The planning application doesnt say. Rumours it might be Dunnes but sure theres been rumours about Dunnes intentions in Bray for 25 or 30 years.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

Thargor wrote: »
    Whats happening up on the Southern Cross in this field does anyone know? Is it that strange application from a year ago for a through-road and petrol station?

https://www.google.com/maps/@53.1841678,-6.1148718,3a,75y,8.18h,82.73t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1si_sucktTV9l_GB6kIubNPg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

No that didnt go ahead

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement