Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shops/Businesses in Bray

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Thargor wrote: »
    Whats happening up on the Southern Cross in this field does anyone know? Is it that strange application from a year ago for a through-road and petrol station?

https://www.google.com/maps/@53.1841678,-6.1148718,3a,75y,8.18h,82.73t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1si_sucktTV9l_GB6kIubNPg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

No that didnt go ahead

Its this and this

http://www.eplanning.ie/WicklowCC/AppFileRefDetails/181182/0

http://www.eplanning.ie/WicklowCC/AppFileRefDetails/sh201902/0

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Who is it though? Somebody must know, this stuff is never kept secret.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Wheres my fcuking LIDL at AO Smith!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 27 youknowitstrue

Who is it though? Somebody must know, this stuff is never kept secret.
    You look at the plans, it says supermarket (including an ancillary off-licence within the supermarket) that to me sounds like Tesco possibly Dunnes, dont know of a Lidl,Aldi,Supervalu with ancillary off-licence

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭The Real Ramona

I see the Hallmark shop is back open with new owners. I'm happy to see that.

Anyone heard anything about when the new Italian place is opening where Noah's Ark/Bee'z Nee'z used to be. Saw their sign yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Seems like the Anvil building has gone sale agreed. Are they moving to the old Allen’s place?

You look at the plans, it says supermarket (including an ancillary off-licence within the supermarket) that to me sounds like Tesco possibly Dunnes, dont know of a Lidl,Aldi,Supervalu with ancillary off-licence

Thanks, ancillary off-licence rules out Lidl then doesn't it or do Lidls ones count as ancillary aswell in legal terms? Could be a big Centra aswell like the one down the end of the Boghall but that's a bit close.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭browne_rob5

Saw on Instagram that they shut for one of their first weekends to attend a friends wedding. You cant run a successful hospitality business like that these days no matter how good the food is.

Might have jumped the gun on this place as tried it yesterday and the dumplings were very good. It was pretty busy at 2pm on a Sunday. Space is very small. I think it can only seat 8 inside and there is a bench outside so they would need to do well on takeaway. They have managed to get some press recently so looks like they know the right people!

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/food-and-drink/the-woman-behind-bray-s-new-dumpling-hotspot-1.4062601
    https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/food-and-drink/ireland-s-top-100-cafes-restaurants-and-bars-for-lunch-1.4038740#Make%20a%20day%20of%20it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

I went into Double 8 last week too. Nice place, small but cosy. Dumplings were very good, if a bit expensive. Hope it does well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

I was thinking that too Browne_rob - two write ups in the Irish Times in 2 weeks!

• Advertisement

I was thinking that too Browne_rob - two write ups in the Irish Times in 2 weeks!

Cant believe the amount of press write ups they have had to be honest

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Not a new business opening yet, but I saw the Heatons site have finally been sold. Anyone know what's happening there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Did I see signage for a new coffee shop under the old raven gym beside the cost cutter?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

New signage for La Piazza up in the Noah's Ark/Beez Neez building. Not sure when they're due to open though.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭justincasey

zoobizoo wrote: »
    Did I see signage for a new coffee shop under the old raven gym beside the cost cutter?

I believe this has opened and closed already

New signage for La Piazza up in the Noah's Ark/Beez Neez building. Not sure when they're due to open though.

With old signs still there from Noahs ark and spar days still remaining

Terry Pratchet

Peckham wrote: »
    There's a notice in the North Wicklow Times of a court application from Brendan Duggan to transfer the pub licence from the Vevay Inn to a different premises. The company name is given as HT Carroll Ltd. That's the old name on that building, so I suspect the Duggans are opening a pub/restaurant there.

Nope

Just an informal kind of airbnb style guesthouse and an ordinary cafe/coffee shop. No pub or restaurant going in.

Bit mad really

Terry Pratchet

Bespoke Cycles on the Vevay is gone, dispute over rents according the sign on the door, didn't sound like they'd be back, thanks to all our customers over the years etc.

So there's only one little bike shop for all of Bray now? Plenty of bike traffic around to support another one I'd say.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I met the owner of Bespoke a few times. A real gent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭tc20

Bespoke Cycles on the Vevay is gone, dispute over rents according the sign on the door, didn't sound like they'd be back, thanks to all our customers over the years etc.

So there's only one little bike shop for all of Bray now? Plenty of bike traffic around to support another one I'd say.

that is a shame, pleasure to deal with the guys in there over the last 5+ years

• Advertisement

That's a shame. Was close enough for me to walk the bike up and get work done on it once or twice, and the people were really nice in there. It will be a real pain having to go to Everest now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Steviewinger

Is Noah's ark gone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,571 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Is Noah's ark gone ?

Yes probably over a year at this stage. Another restaurant Bees Kneez opened up in its place and subsequently closed down.

Bray always seems to have a restaurant spot that opens and closes every 12-18 months. Mt. Everest of Kathmandu / Pink Salt buildings were the last two but those respective restaurants seemed to have buck the trend.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭marko99

Is Noah's ark gone ?

Ages ago. It was something else with a lot of redundant apostrophes after that, and now looks like it's shaping up for more pizzas.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

Just saw on Facebook that SuperValu has been confirmed as the new supermarket on Southern Cross.

Ah crap, not a single thing in there that interests me, its just a more expensive Dunnes and Dunnes is already a rip-off.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

Ah crap, not a single thing in there that interests me, its just a more expensive Dunnes and Dunnes is already a rip-off.

I’m happy enough. I do most of my shopping in ALDI and go to Tesco for the extra bits. I’d prefer SuperValu for those bits but the parking / traffic for me to get to Castle St usually put me off. The new location will suit me a lot better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

I suppose that means SV is definitely out as the mystery anchor tenant for the shopping centre - that's good, I'd prefer any other supermarket than supervalu for that.

Does this also mean the castle street store will close?

• Advertisement

B0jangles wrote: »
    I suppose that means SV is definitely out as the mystery anchor tenant for the shopping centre - that's good, I'd prefer any other supermarket than supervalu for that.

Does this also mean the castle street store will close?
    I wouldnt say so

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement