Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shops/Businesses in Bray

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Catalyst coffee also opened up a Pop up Ramen restaurant called Shoyu up from Wing it behind Ocean Bar plus Cow Fish has reopened as Fika - lots of real trendy food places in Bray lately

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

Anybody try the Mexican on main street yet? Haven't had a chance yet but on my list.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

Catalyst coffee also opened up a Pop up Ramen restaurant called Shoyu up from Wing it behind Ocean Bar plus Cow Fish has reopened as Fika - lots of real trendy food places in Bray lately

Have a table booked in Fika for my birthday next week, looking forward to it!

Lefty2Guns wrote: »
    Anybody try the Mexican on main street yet? Haven't had a chance yet but on my list.
    Yes, food was very good, would recommend.

I've noticed that Sullivans and Galito have been closed whenever I've gone past lately. Anyone know if they are closed for good?

• Advertisement

fjon wrote: »
    I've noticed that Sullivans and Galito have been closed whenever I've gone past lately. Anyone know if they are closed for good?

Hard to say. I think spoons is also possibly closed for good.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭browne_rob5

Sullivans posted on Facebook 4 weeks ago that they were reopening very soon but didn't have a date as of yet. Probably waiting for the restrictions to ease a bit.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=2628615970728668&id=2152622414994695

• Registered Users Posts: 28,469 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I wonder about O'Sullivan's. I don't think it was doing well before lockdown and wonder how it would do now.

Strange how they said it was opening soon on Facebook but nothing has happened. I don't see what restrictions they could be waiting on as it was never that packed that social distancing would be difficult.

murpho999 wrote: »
    I wonder about O'Sullivan's. I don't think it was doing well before lockdown and wonder how it would do now.

Strange how they said it was opening soon on Facebook but nothing has happened. I don't see what restrictions they could be waiting on as it was never that packed that social distancing would be difficult.

A good portion of their customers would have only had alcohol so the lifting of a need to buy a substantial meal would help.

It is strange that nothing has happened after 4 weeks though and have heard it was not trading as well as hoped. I really like it so hope it does open.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

Lefty2Guns wrote: »
    My review:
    I had high hopes.... Have been let down by Box Burger way too many times. Regularly used to order nachos but the amount of times they were delivered cold/soggy was ridiculous and I live pretty nearby.
    Tres Amigos:
    Good - Love having the sauces separated so you can do the mixing yourself (although see reverse point below). I found the chicken mix really tasty. Portion size was about right for one person with the large nachos. The sour cream and guacamole were really nice. I liked the cheese sauce, although my wife thought too much like the cheese sauce from Eddie Rockets chips.
    Bad - Biggest problem is nachos themselves. They taste like what I assume they are - nachos direct from a packet, and quite salty ones at that. Tasted more like something I'd make myself as opposed to the Box Burger ones made in house. Two portions of nachos generates a LOT of waste - I'm no crazy eco warrior, but I felt a bit guilty looking at the amount of plastic we were left with from two portions. It felt a little bit pricey for what it was overall.
    Would love to see them stay in business, but think they'll need to make some sort of changes to make it work. I've walked past too many times seeing them sitting around waiting for orders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Catalyst is opening up in Ocean permanently as Catalyst Cafe.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

zoobizoo wrote: »
    Catalyst is opening up in Ocean permanently as Catalyst Cafe.

So a good restaurant replaced by another coffee shop FFS :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,571 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Antrim_Man wrote: »

The ocean wasn’t exactly that good? But took up prime tourist location. Who comes to bray beach to go have something that’s fancier than pub grub but not fine dining fancy?

Coffee shops seem to be viable and thriving in our town more power to them. Look at Glover on Meath road, super coffee and generally doing quite well and opened right before lockdown, that would cripple any other business.

Was chatting to the guys running it and they are going to do hot food etc so think it will be something like Maison Moli rather than a coffee shop.

Was chatting to the guys running it and they are going to do hot food etc so think it will be something like Maison Moli rather than a coffee shop.

Would be lovely to have a maison moli type brunch place down on the seafront. I know there’s dockyard but it’s tiny.

Would be lovely to have a maison moli type brunch place down on the seafront. I know there’s dockyard but it’s tiny.

Dockyard is not that small now with upstairs as well.

Been to Maison Moli twice and was not overly impressed with the food.

I think it's a pity that Ocean is gone. I liked it.

As somebody said earlier it sat in between a cafe and a posh restaurant,

Went to Curry Leaf yesterday evening for the other halfs birthday. Food was unreal. Would highly recommend it.

Will definitely be back soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

The ocean wasn’t exactly that good? But took up prime tourist location. Who comes to bray beach to go have something that’s fancier than pub grub but not fine dining fancy?

Coffee shops seem to be viable and thriving in our town more power to them. Look at Glover on Meath road, super coffee and generally doing quite well and opened right before lockdown, that would cripple any other business.

Thats the point, there is enough decent coffee shops/ cafes in Bray already.

If there was too many we’d have them closing down. They don’t seem to be closing as fast as they’re opening so the demand is there.

I think that's going to be the future though.

Towns are going to have more services in shops than selling actual physical products such as clothes or house items as people do a lot on line.

Variety though is key.

I like how Bray's food options has improved over the last 10 years but would like to see more with better quality.

Don't need more places doing panini or pubs doing standard steak sandwich/burger/curry/surf & turf menu.

Would love to see Bray become known for good food culture/scene that would attract people to the town.

• Advertisement

Ocean was so handy for family lunch on a Sunday, not a pub and not a trendy place like Platform or Box Burger. And it was just "food", not specific like Indian or Italian. It'll be missed next time I need somewhere to take the inlaws!

Sullivan's reopening tomorrow at 12pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Galito is for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭George White

Is Regal Fare on Boghall road gone for good... haven't been open for a while...

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

Any educated guesses / rumours on what the anchor tenant will be for the shopping centre? Dunnes?

Where is that?

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Where is that?
    Beside Dominos, I didnt realise they were gone, thought they would have been coining it during the pandemic.

You sure? I didn't hear anything about it closing. It always did kind of odd hours for a chipper.

I drove by last night around 7.30pm and it looked closed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

redmgar wrote: »
    Any educated guesses / rumours on what the anchor tenant will be for the shopping centre? Dunnes?

Not sure on this but I had a look at the latest version of the brochure for the Centre lists a few more food establishments. Most notably is the return of Double 8!

Advertisement