Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shops/Businesses in Bray

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Annasopra wrote: »
    They were buying the porterhouse but it fell through.

Yes. Which means that they didn't buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭marko99

marko99 wrote:
    Add Pici to that list now!

And now Sharkbait Shelbys...

Another week, another food venture.

Has anyone tried The Hotbox in the arcade yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

marko99 wrote: »
    And now Sharkbait Shelbys...

Another week, another food venture.

Has anyone tried The Hotbox in the arcade yet?

I have a feeling Sharkbait Shelbys isnt owned by the Duggans given that it is more than 1 location.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Plus The Old Anchor (porterhouse) are pulling out their beer garden at the back and will have bays for loads of different food trucks

Beach park Bray

https://www.instagram.com/beachparkbray/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_mid=AE8A6D20-6543-4D1C-9752-3567A12384FC

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Annasopra wrote:
    Beach park Bray

It was busy at lunchtime today! 6 or 7 different outlets.

• Advertisement

Is something going on with Glovers? Been very quiet on the social media lately and husband says the sign is gone from the front of the cafe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

That new food Park at the Anchor is serving their ice cream - maybe they've "trucked " it in and gone mobile?

That new food Park at the Anchor is serving their ice cream - maybe they've "trucked " it in and gone mobile?

That makes sense. They were operating out of the Anchor for a while I think. They had a few problems with the Meath Rd place.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

Are they doing takeaway pints does anyone know? Or is the pub section not part of the opening?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

They are not doing take away pints but they plan to shortly - maybe even next week.
    Had food there yesterday and was told that they will not re-open as they were for pub food that the food truck setup is there to stay. Dirt Birdz also moving down there.

Also dough box to become a permanent feature in the downstairs bar in Butler & Barry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭sy_flembeck

Is something going on with Glovers? Been very quiet on the social media lately and husband says the sign is gone from the front of the cafe.

Open this afternoon for takeaways. Signage is gone alright, maybe they're repainting?

Open this afternoon for takeaways. Signage is gone alright, maybe they're repainting?

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they are leaving that premises. They've talked very publicly about their issues with outdoor seating and opening hours at that place.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

Any news on Katmandu? Menu gone from the window now.

It looked like renovations a few weeks ago but now looks like its gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

New sign going above Glovers today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Lefty2Guns wrote: »

They are still showing on JustEat for takeaway. Bit of an odd one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭Peckham

zoobizoo wrote: »
    New sign going above Glovers today

They were doing a roaring trade down at The Anchor when I was there at lunchtime. All of the outlets there were very busy. Great to see.

Peckham wrote:
    They were doing a roaring trade down at The Anchor when I was there at lunchtime. All of the outlets there were very busy. Great to see.

I was there too, the place was hopping. Nice variety of food options in the one location!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭Peckham

Lefty2Guns wrote: »

Drove past earlier. Fancy new sign on it, so all must be good

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Shaneo87ie

marko99 wrote: »
    Add Pici to that list now!

Duggans are ripping the town off. On Just Eat, delivery price for both Box Burger, Joe’s and Platform pizza is €4.95 which, I’m sorry, is an absolute joke.. their food is pricey enough. Then the next kick in the stones is Pici and Smash are €2.95 delivery and are coming from the exact same building as the other 3... what a rip off

• Registered Users Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭Alun

The delivery prices on the main menu of just eat don't tally with what's shown when you click on the restaurant name though. Platform Pizza actually shows 2.50 when you click on it, for example.

• Advertisement

Shaneo87ie wrote: »
    Duggans are ripping the town off. On Just Eat, delivery price for both Box Burger, Joe’s and Platform pizza is €4.95 which, I’m sorry, is an absolute joke.. their food is pricey enough. Then the next kick in the stones is Pici and Smash are €2.95 delivery and are coming from the exact same building as the other 3... what a rip off

Nah thats nonsense. Just eat are charging that. You cant blame Duggans for the Just eat delivery charge!! Its €3 delivery if you order from the website direct.

Terry Pratchet

Duggans have another new business called The bottle shop between Catalyst and Daata.

Terry Pratchet

Nah thats nonsense. Just eat are charging that. You cant blame Duggans for the Just eat delivery charge!! Its €3 delivery if you order from the website direct.

Well I take it back then in that case

Shaneo87ie wrote: »
    Well I take it back then in that case

I dont order through the just eat site much myself because it ends more expensive

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 26,571 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

I dont order through the just eat site much myself because it ends more expensive

Same. There’s a markup up per item plus delivery. And just as easy to ring I find.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,469 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Same. There’s a markup up per item plus delivery. And just as easy to ring I find.

I hate ringing for deliveries as they get orders, addresses and phone numbers wrong.
    Using app/internet is so much easier and you normally pay same delivery charge and it's easier when paying by card.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

The Duggan food places have good websites and it's much easier using them to order food than to ring. Also a lot of them do 10% off the first time you use them. I would also avoid Just Eat/ Deliveroo unless the restaurant doesn't deliver themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,571 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

murpho999 wrote: »
    I hate ringing for deliveries as they get orders, addresses and phone numbers wrong.
    Using app/internet is so much easier and you normally pay same delivery charge and it's easier when paying by card.

Sorry I meant if the only option is just eat and ringing I’ll ring every time. Most restaurants save your phone number and address on their system too and that makes subsequent orders much easier.

If the restaurant has their own ordering system online I’ll use that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭George White

What's happening with Eddie Rockets?

• Advertisement

What's happening with Eddie Rockets?

I've been wondering the same. I've Checked Wicklow CC planning and there's a submission in for street tables, chairs and a windbreaker for the location. It's submitted by Eddie Rockets though, and the same womans name who submitted the original planning for Eddie Rockets back in 2004. Maybe it is making a return? Or maybe their other venture Rockets... Which at one point was supposed to open in Hills Garage coming into South Bray

Advertisement