Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shops/Businesses in Bray

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Shaneo87ie

Lefty2Guns wrote: »
    Drove by the site there at 9am. No sign of life on the site again today.

Its a bit mad isn't it? i'm sure there's a reason for it, but with there being so many delays I would have imagined from day 1 they'd have been back and trying to get it open asap

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

Before lockdown they were only 2/3 weeks from PC (Practical Completion), so I heard anyway, once PC is given you can start fitting out your relevant units that the occupant was going to rent.

All sites are now open 4 weeks and still nothing if anything has happened.

Before lockdown they were only 2/3 weeks from PC (Practical Completion), so I heard anyway, once PC is given you can start fitting out your relevant units that the occupant was going to rent.

All sites are now open 4 weeks and still nothing if anything has happened.

Yeah its strange alright. you'd imagine they'd be trying to get occupants in ASAP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

There probably aren't any. Only his own ones, and covid would have meant that there would only just be opening back up

• Registered Users Posts: 28,467 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Could be numerous reasons for inactivity on site. Delivery of materials could be one issue due to Covid and even the Suez canal thing.

We just don't know.

Seems to be a narrative (on Bray Open Forum on FB) that the project is in trouble and there's no tenents etc but I just don't buy that at all as project is too near completion at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

murpho999 wrote: »
    Could be numerous reasons for inactivity on site. Delivery of materials could be one issue due to Covid and even the Suez canal thing.

We just don't know.

Seems to be a narrative (on Bray Open Forum on FB) that the project is in trouble and there's no tenents etc but I just don't buy that at all as project is too near completion at this stage.

The only tenants publicly announced are 7 press up group outlets and 2 others - There are as yet no retail tenants announced at all.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Annasopra wrote: »
    The only tenants publicly announced are 7 press up group outlets and 2 others - There are as yet no retail tenants announced at all.

Yes, I know that but it doesn't mean that things are not happening.

To me it's very obvious that retailers might put expansion plans on hold due to Covid but now that things are starting to change we may see announcements.

It still does not mean the project is failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

I'd agree in regards to the near completion. Regardless of tenants they would still look to complete the external works and have everything ready to go for when potential tenants view the place. I'm assuming the cash is there to complete these works and the builder would be under contract too.

As it is so near to completion I'm assuming its not a cash flow problem unless the builder is owed money and refuses to return to site until he is paid what is owed.

I'd agree in regards to the near completion. Regardless of tenants they would still look to complete the external works and have everything ready to go for when potential tenants view the place. I'm assuming the cash is there to complete these works and the builder would be under contract too.

As it is so near to completion I'm assuming its not a cash flow problem unless the builder is owed money and refuses to return to site until he is paid what is owed.

Yeah surely its costing them more money for every day the crane sits there unused.

I think most tenets like larger retail would be striking deals off plans and not waiting on viewing to make a decision.

I'd say Covid has just delayed everything, especially retail expansion plans.

As things are now start to open up then I'd expect things to happen pretty quickly.
    Shaneo87ie wrote: »
    Yeah surely its costing them more money for every day the crane sits there unused.

Depends on the deal they with the crane company. Maybe the construction company even owns it. Who knows?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

I think its likely a case of the new tenants in no hurry to move in until the economy opens up fully allowing the developer time to shift the workforce to its residential developments to make up for lost time on those before moving them back to complete the Florentine Centre.

I assume the clothes retailer of price conscious Bray ladies dreams is still ON as the main anchor tenant?

Calibos wrote: »
    I think its likely a case of the new tenants in no hurry to move in until the economy opens up fully allowing the developer time to shift the workforce to its residential developments to make up for lost time on those before moving them back to complete the Florentine Centre.

I assume the clothes retailer of price conscious Bray ladies dreams is still ON as the main anchor tenant?

I'm not sure if this anchor tenant you mentioned has ever been confirmed... :)

I just can't see it myself. Brown Thomas opening a store in Bray?
    Especially as they're taking most of the House of Fraser units in Dundrum.

You never know though.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I'm not sure if this anchor tenant you mentioned has ever been confirmed... :)

Nah. Just persistent rumours.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

I've heard the new Supervalue on the Southern Cross road opens tomorrow... is this true?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I've heard the new Supervalue on the Southern Cross road opens tomorrow... is this true?
    I've just driven past it and there's nothing to say that. It's still opening "soon" according to the signs.

I just can't see it myself. Brown Thomas opening a store in Bray?
    Especially as they're taking most of the House of Fraser units in Dundrum.

You never know though.
    .....clothes retailer of price conscious Bray ladies dreams...

;);)

;);)

Well BT customers are price concious but with minimums not maximums.;:pac:

Well BT customers are Price Concious but with minimums not maximums.;:pac:

In other words, they’re not counting the....pennies... ;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

June 10th 10AM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

That will be great for the Main St.

I'm not a fan of theirs but hey, lots of people are.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,566 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Great anchor tenant, shall mean this place won’t be a ghost town in 5 years time.

Sad to be the end of a near 20 year rumour though :(

"Where were you when you found out Penneys were finally coming to Bray?"
    "It was the June bank holiday, lovely day it was...."

It will be the stuff of legends.

Great anchor tenant, shall mean this place won’t be a ghost town in 5 years time.

Sad to be the end of a near 20 year rumour though :(

Haha I know, what will people moan about now? Oh wait, traffic in bray due to it opening… that’s already happening. People are hilarious. Literally never happy 😂

*update* oh someone is saying it’s great news but they hope it is air conditioning cos dundrum penny’s is too hot… Jesus Christ

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

Great news. But like everyone else I’ll miss the Penney’s rumours on BOF now.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,566 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Don’t worry parking will be the next hot topic as always. Someone will complain that it’s not right outside the shop and it costs €3 ph.

Hasn’t seen BOF since the announcement I tend to log in once a week to FB cause I personally can’t take the faux rage.

Don’t worry parking will be the next hot topic as always. Someone will complain that it’s not right outside the shop and it costs €3 ph.

Hasn’t seen BOF since the announcement I tend to log in once a week to FB cause I personally can’t take the faux rage.

Good news about Penneys.
    Not a fan of the shop or their clothes myself but they're very popular and will add to the town and hopefully help bring some vibrancy to the town and its retail.
    Someone already complaining about traffic impact on town but you can't not build stuff just because it may increase traffic/

As for people complaining about parking, I never got the complaint. Always found there to be plenty of parking options in Bray, Church car park always had spaces when I went to it as did the car park on Florence Road where Bray Central now being bult. Even now I usually park for free in Lidl and do 5 minute walk up the town.

A lot of people think that cars should be allowed go anywhere and complain on days like today when they can't get parking on the seafront instead of just parking around Quinsboro Road etc and walking a little and then say there's no parking in the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Burt Renaults

Someone already complaining about traffic impact on town but you can't not build stuff just because it may increase traffic/

Also, there's no valid reason why a shop like Penneys should result in increased levels of traffic. Bags of clothes and whatever other tat they sell can easily be carried on public transport - by which Bray is already extremely well-served. More needs to be done to discourage people from driving into the town centre.

• Advertisement

Also, there's no valid reason why a shop like Penneys should result in increased levels of traffic. Bags of clothes and whatever other tat they sell can easily be carried on public transport - by which Bray is already extremely well-served. More needs to be done to discourage people from driving into the town centre.

People still prefer cars, simple as that.

You're not going to force people out of cars onto public transport.

Bray's traffic problem could be eased somewhat by changing the lights sequencing at Corke Abbey and Royal Corner as they cause all the problems.

Also I really don't view the new Bray Town Central as something to bring new people to the town as people outside of Bray have plenty of choices but more to try and keep Bray people shopping in the town.

Advertisement