Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

(US) 5 year old handcuffed and arrested

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

I wonder who he rang with his one phonecall from prison..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Why did the officer feel the need to touch the kid? Daft ****.

Edit: Shannon Canon? Are you 4realzies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

ADHD doesn't excuse being a prick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

smk89 wrote: »
    ADHD doesn't excuse being a prick.

Because a 5 year old clearly knows all the rights and wrongs of the world..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Pretty stupid of the school to bring in the police to try and scare him anyway in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Why handcuffs? Surely the officer had pepper spray.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Grindylow wrote: »
    Because a 5 year old clearly knows all the rights and wrongs of the world..

Well he knows a few now.

The right to remain silent.
    The right to an attorney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭zero_hope

If I personally did the same thing with a 5 year old kid who kicked me in the knee I would probably be arrested on assault charges and rightfully so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

In all fairness, he's 5. Cut the kid some slack. We all kicked up shiit when we were that age. And if any of you say you were good little angels when you was a kid...I dont believe you :cool:

To add ADHD onto the mix...its pretty crap. If any of you read up on hyperactivity and the other behaviours of ADHD you'd know.

Poor lil bugger though. But I have to admit...it's pretty hilarious being able to say in years to come ''Hey guys, guess what! I got arrested when I was 5 :cool:''. It'll earn him some brownie points among his peers in a few years time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭acidskiffle

Bit outrageous alright.
    Might learn him some manners though?
    Less painful than the wooden spoon anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭naasface

ADHD or BOLD?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

naasface wrote: »
    ADHD or BOLD?

Take this advice mate
    If any of you read up on hyperactivity and the other behaviours of ADHD you'd know.

Its more than just a spelling difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

What the fúck, there's no way I'd want any of my kids to be talked to by a cop with out me being present. The kid is 5 and the school tried to scare him into behaving better?
    And what sort of an idiot arrests a 5 year old, zip strips them and takes them any where with out contacting the parents never mind taking the kid to a mental hospital.

I hope that family can find away to sue the school district and the police dept, it's the only way they those morons get the message.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭fend

Santa? He usually sorts naughty from nice at this time of year :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

FFS! I would have been put on death row for biting a nun when I was 4 and biting the dentist when I was 7 - repeat offender. :eek::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

Kids like that used to end up in Artane or Daingean in Ireland in the old days. The Christian Buggers in would have known how to deal with a little brat like him.:):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

This has happened before IIRC, some years ago to a 5 year old girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Is there a insurance rule for that police department that anyone in the back needs to be in handcuffs?

Crazy though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

If you cant do the time dont do the crime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Kid probably had it coming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

zero_hope wrote: »
    A 5 year old kid with ADHD was arrested after he kicked a police officer at school. Put in handcuffs etc. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wqFU6mRWYr0 Why does these insane things always seem to happen in America?

So not only was this 5-year-old handcuffed before being found guilty of something (which equally incomprehensibly happens with adults in Ireland), but he has his name publicised in the national media. Disgusting.

In school we were told that a foundation stone of the legal system in civil and common law countries was the Roman law principle of 'innocent until proven guilty'. So much for that myth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

I am just glad it didn't turn into a shoot out. Armed kids is a big thing in the US.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

Kasabian wrote: »
    Armed kids is a big thing in the US.

It's not really. But the media is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

5 year olds can be demons, I have often felt like having my nephew arrested. I should be allowed, let them baby sit the bundle of joy for a while.

He's great really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,443 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Today he's assualting cops. In five years time he may very well progress to killing them. This cop killer needs to be kept behind bars for his entire life.

*Cue Halloween Theme*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

If you think that's bad there was this story recently about a 6 year old being charged with first degree sexual assault and probably being put on the sex offenders list for playing doctor with a 5 year old girl :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭stoeger

When i was at school there was no such thing as a d h d you were just bold i think alot of people say that there child has adhd as an excuse for been a brat l no there at some genuine cases but come on it seems very second kid has it .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Rumour has it he has a list the length of his arm.

Spent 3 hours in the corner after pulling his sisters hair last year. Got 2 hours on the naughty step for not eating his veg the night before.

The scumbag had it coming to him. The world's a safer place with him locked up I tells ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

stoeger wrote: »
    When i was at school there was no such thing as a d h d you were just bold i think alot of people say that there child has adhd as an excuse for been a brat l no there at some genuine cases but come on it seems very second kid has it .

Probably is used a little excessively alright, especially if you see a kid glugging a can of coke, then eating some junk and then catapult into hyperactivity, kind of like a home boy on angel dust

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

The parents of a Grant County boy who authorities have accused of first-degree sexual assault for playing doctor with a 5-year-old girl when he was 6 years old have filed a federal lawsuit against the county's district attorney, a social worker and a former Sheriff's Office investigator.

The lawsuit, filed Tuesday in U.S. District Court in Madison, seeks $12 million in damages for alleged violations of the constitutional rights of the boy and his parents.
    It names as defendants Grant County District Attorney Lisa Riniker, as well as Jan Moravits, a social worker with Grant County Social Services, and recently retired Grant County Sheriff's Sgt. James Kopp.

Tomah attorney Richard Radcliffe, who is representing Riniker, Radcliffe and Kopp, did not return a call for comment Wednesday.
    Chief Deputy Jack Johnson of the Grant County Sheriff's Department said he has not seen the lawsuit and declined comment.
    Among the suit's claims is that the boy was selectively accused of a felony for playing doctor with the daughter of a Grant County political figure. It also alleges that the investigations by Kopp and Moravits were haphazard and biased in favor of the girl's father because of his political status and that Riniker did not act reasonably in charging a 6-year-old with first-degree sexual assault.

"I think his life has been ruined, and I think it's been ruined by reckless conduct by the defendants without any regard for the little boy and his future," said Chicago attorney Christopher Cooper, who is representing the boy and his parents in the lawsuit.
    The boy, who is now 7 and has a developmental disability, has been diagnosed with stress disorders that medical professionals attribute to the defendants' actions, according to the suit. He has experienced fear of going to jail, as well as anxiety, depression, sleepless nights, vomiting, crying and missed school time.

The lawsuit also asks that a judge issue a permanent injunction to stop Riniker's "attempts to coerce" the boy's parents into forcing the boy to admit guilt.
    The boy — who under Wisconsin law is too young to be charged with a crime or in a juvenile delinquency petition, the equivalent of a criminal complaint for adults — was accused of first-degree sexual assault in a petition seeking protection or services for the boy. Such petitions are typically used by parents or authorities to identify children younger than 10 who need services to change inappropriate behavior.

According to the petition for protection or services, the girl's mother found her daughter in the boy's yard "with her skirt and underpants around her ankles" and the boy sitting underneath her, penetrating her with his finger.

The girl told her mother they were playing "butt doctor" and told authorities the boy only touched her on the outside of her body, court documents state.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Probably is used a little excessively alright, especially if you see a kid glugging a can of coke, then eating some junk and then catapult into hyperactivity, kind of like a home boy on angel dust

Sugar has no effect on hyperactivity, y'know. The caffeine does. But kids just go mental because they're mental.

Probably Elmo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

zero_hope wrote: »
    Put in handcuffs etc.
    ...am I the only one here thinking how handcuffs could fit a 5-year old?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

That's creepy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

stoeger wrote: »

There was. It probably went undiagnosed in the kids that had it in your class. Dunno how long since you were at school, but methods of diagnosing ADHD have improved in recent years. (More slowly in Ireland than elsewhere).

Using ADHD as an excuse for being a brat doesn't wash. There is a big difference between a child acting the maggot and a child that has genuine symptoms of ADHD.

The figures are closer to 1 in 11 than 'every second kid' with a much higher incidence in boys than girls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

My son has adhd.
    I sometimes wish I could handcuff him somewhere.
    I'd just like to be able to do something small, like making tea, or filling the dishwasher, without him destroying the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Fair play to the cop, as we all know 5 year old are the real menace to society

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

"I call the Flintstones phone!"

"Yaba-dabba-do, I like talkin to you!"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Shannon Cannon :D.
    Firing people across Irelands longest river for over a quarter of a century.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

And that's the end of that chapter...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Oh it's no problem at all. You can get miniature ones from www. ....erm, never mind.

My son has adhd.
    I sometimes wish I could handcuff him somewhere.
    I'd just like to be able to do something small, like making tea, or filling the dishwasher, without him destroying the place.

LOL, I remember those days, my son had it when he was a kid. Couldnt turn your back for a second. Poked holes in plasterwork, to see how the wall worked... pulled up floorboards to see what was under them, chewed a lightbulb from a small torch, to see what it would feel like..
    Not too mention taking apart any electrical appliance in the house :p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

Rumour has it he has a list the length of his arm.

Spent 3 hours in the corner after pulling his sisters hair last year. Got 2 hours on the naughty step for not eating his veg the night before.

The scumbag had it coming to him. The world's a safer place with him locked up I tells ya.
    believe only your own eyes and not the voices of others

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Elmo.

Advertisement