Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do in Auckland (and to a slightly lesser extent, Sydney)

Options
  • 28-11-2011 5:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭

Hey. I have a few questions. I'll be visiting Auckland in January for a few weeks, but I'll only have a few days to do stuff (I'll be spending time with family so won't have that much time to do fun stuff). Any recommendations for stuff to do/see?

Also, I'll be stopping over in Sydney for a few hours (like 8 or something hhaa). anything fun and cheap and quick to do in Sydney for those 8 hours?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Fago! wrote: »
    Also, I'll be stopping over in Sydney for a few hours (like 8 or something hhaa). anything fun and cheap and quick to do in Sydney for those 8 hours?

Get a train from airport to Circular quay - have a walk around and you can see Harbour bridge (there are pylons you can climb which are fun) , opera house, botantic gardens etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 RebelBOK

In Auckland it would be well worth getting a boat out to waiheke island, ferrys leave the viaduct just off the cbd every half hour or so and you can hire a car/scooter on the island and the scenery is great. A spin to the top of the skytower is worthwhile. If you want you can jump off it aswell (in a controlled way of course) or you can do a bunjy jump of the harbour bridge if thats your thing. There is a zoo and aquarium and Museum and all that usual stuff aswell. http://www.aucklandnz.com/ gives a good run down of every to do really.

Advertisement