Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body piercing jewellery

• 28-11-2011 9:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I need to get an MRI this evening and have a few body piercings. The jewellery is all titanium/surgical steel so it shouldn't be affected by the MRI. In case I get a doctor who is adamant I need to take the jewellery out I was wondering if anyone knows of somewhere in Limerick where I can get non-metallic jewellery? I know I have a couple of pieces that are made from plastic and was hoping to pick up a few bits to save any hassle from the doctor!

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Not trying to be a bollox here but would you not just take the jewellery out for the MRI and give the doctors every chance to get a good reading from the MRI and help to fix whatever issue you are having.

I think I remember Indigeno Designs upstairs in Arthur's Quay having some plastic/wooden Jewellery.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

That's very easy to say when you haven't spent €300+ on piercings!

If I can't find plastic or acrylic jewellery before the MRI then obviously I'll just take the jewellery out. I'm just worried that in doing so I won't be able to get the jewellery back in as I've never changed the jewellery myself before. I don't want to see €300 or more go down the drain for the sake of a few minutes but my health comes first too. That's why I'm looking for plastic or acrylic jewellery which won't interfere with the MRI at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

ergonomics wrote: »
    That's very easy to say when you haven't spent €300+ on piercings!

If I can't find plastic or acrylic jewellery before the MRI then obviously I'll just take the jewellery out. I'm just worried that in doing so I won't be able to get the jewellery back in as I've never changed the jewellery myself before. I don't want to see €300 or more go down the drain for the sake of a few minutes but my health comes first too. That's why I'm looking for plastic or acrylic jewellery which won't interfere with the MRI at all.

Just one point to make to you, You're not sure of taking them out for fear of not being confident of putting them back in.......yet if you get acrylic or plastic replacements, you'll have to take them out, replace them with the acrylic ones, then take out the acrylic ones and replace them again with the metal ones.

It seems you're over complicating things. Just take out the jewellery and put it back in afterwards, either that or get a friend to help you. It'll save you a few bob, and you'll get a better reading from the MRI.

Advertisement