Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBOX BF3 *&#*ing Online Code

Options
  • 28-11-2011 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭

Just venting here. Living in Asia with a European 360, can't buy local games or buy most on live due to region restrictions. Had a recent trip to Europe, transitted in Heathrow and bought MW3, BF3, Forza, etc., all the goodies. Get home and try to get online with BF3, need a code?! Nothing in the box...eventually get in touch with HMV, 48 hours later they come back and state not their problem, contact EA. Took all the photo's / scans etc. of receipts and disks and sent them off, auto reply saying it will be dealt with within 24hours, yahay! 72 hours later still waiting. Their online support won't deal with it unless I bought it from Origin. Eventually found their 24 hour pass for rental games, signed up, but no, apparently I've already availed of a pass...&*^%! Already finished the single player, will give EA another 2 days and if I don't get a response looks like the only option is to do a charge back on the credit card, luckily I didn't pay cash. Anyone else have the code missing / invalid code and successfully solve?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

To start off, it being an airport it's unlikely but are you sure you bought it new.

if it was new it's the shops problem that ea could fix if they wanted but it's the shops responsibly to sort it.

it's your word against to shops that it did not have a code, all that is known is you walked out with the game and are trying to get the money back from the credit card company while still having the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

Are you saying you didn't get the slip of paper inside the box that has the online pass written on it?

There should be 3 pieces of paper with one of them containing the online pass code.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

The game was brand new, unfortunately HMV open all the cases and leave the disks behind the counter so you can easily get stuck between HMV stating they never had the code and EA saying HMV lost it. In a normal situation I would have just returned to the retailer. I haven't tried to charge back, just saying that would be last resort. To clarify, yes I did not receive the slip of paper with code, only the "manual" and a code for a handgun.

I finally fixed the issue, eventually got through to EA's phone helpline in the UK (note if you are calling about the same issue do not choose the option about having an issue with a code, they'll tell you they don't deal with it(?!), what you need to do is ignore all the options and it will eventually put you through to an operator). EA claim not to have received my email, despite having an auto reply and reference number...After 20mins I finally got a code and am able to play online. Note also that EA will ask you to upload proof of purchase to the complaint reference on their website however for me I did not have an "upload document" link that they pointed to...they agreed I could email the proofs of purchase again and wait on the phone for them to receive.

Anyway it's cost me 4 international calls, wasted time on emails and online support, would have been cheaper to have purchased a new code online. If you buy the game new, make sure the online code is in the packaging before you leave the shop!

Advertisement