Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Critique Best Man Speech

Options
  • 28-11-2011 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I posted this video before in After Hours and it got a bit of a pounding. I thought the idea of doing this speech at a wedding was pretty funny. But Maybe I'm wrong. What do the good people of the Humour boards think?

I might have to do a speech at a wedding next summer. I'd guess if it's not acceptable for a wedding I should steer away from a movie.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭nialo

for a speech! tis crap! bit of banter tis funny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Reloc8

Once you 'get' where the speech comes from...that's it...any humour arises from its unexpectedness in the context. It then goes on for way too long to survive off of that initial burst of 'oh yeah its from that film'. The content itself is obviously not inherently funny.

As an attention-getting device it could have worked, if you'd gone on to actually make an entertaining speech. But you didn't use it as a device - you just used it to get attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

That's fair enough. I did it at the last minute because the bride and groom weren't happy with letting me do my original because my sister and others who read the original kind of played it up so much that they thought it would be too bad. So this was the compromise

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭cujimmy

If you really want to learn how to give a speech, why not head to your local toasmasters club

Advertisement