Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City Bus Numbers!!

Options
  • 28-11-2011 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Could people confirm for me that all/most of the city buses have now changed their numbering to eg: No.2 has become 202! etc

I've seen a few like that this morning and also the Bus Eireann website have changed too(But not on their timetables!).

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,935 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Hi All,

Could people confirm for me that all/most of the city buses have now changed their numbering to eg: No.2 has become 202! etc

I've seen a few like that this morning and also the Bus Eireann website have changed too(But not on their timetables!).

Thanks!

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Internally they've always been numbered that way. They're just doing it visibly now so that the realtime information displays at bus stops will have a single infrastructure for all of Ireland running from the same servers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Ahoyhoy

I saw that, I had assumed it was a mistake! Well that says a lot about Bus Eireann doesn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Ahoyhoy wrote: »
    I saw that, I had assumed it was a mistake! Well that says a lot about Bus Eireann doesn't it?
    Its marked on the bus stops?:rolleyes:

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Ahoyhoy wrote: »

The downloadable timetables used use the 3-digit numbers.

It isn't a big deal really - most of them its just adding 200 and in fairness most stops only serve one route so folk aren't going to get all that confused if a 202 turns up in Mahon and not a 2. It'll still be egged...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

parsi wrote: »
    It'll still be egged...

I lolled! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Fiesta111

Said it to the bus driver on the 7. He said it isn't it a mistake, the numbers are changing. I asked my Dad (who's a bus driver) he said that he the drivers had some meeting last week...coincidence? Spose it's actually better now that all the routes are streamlined.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Fiesta111

booboo88 wrote: »
    it says ''route 216'' on rochestown road, looks like they just slapped on the 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Well that's...weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,269 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

This is to facilitate the roll-out of Real-time Passenger info (RTPI) in Cork just like they have in Dublin.

DublinBusRTPI-290x290.jpg

Some of the polls for the new RTPI signs are already up and are just waiting for the displays to be installed. There are polls on the South Mall, Parnell Place, Merchants Quay and I also saw some out by UCC and out in Bishopstown. I think I read somewhere that 50 of the busiest stops in the city will be getting RTPI signs. There should also be an app for smartphones etc. with RTPI. Buses in the city should be a bit more user-friendly in the near-future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

There's a thread in Commuting and transport too

Thread

Internally Bus Eireann had them as 202 etc for sometime.

But I didn't see any announcements on their website about it, did anyone see anything advertised anywhere?

The actual timetables are still in the old format!

202 (No.2) Timetable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Ahoyhoy

booboo88 wrote: »

Precisely what are the rolled eyes about? I'm not sure what you think is marked on bus stops but the vast majority of the bus stops in Cork just have the red pole with the Bus Eireann logo to indicate that it's a stop and no other marking whatsoever.

Advertisement