Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Minimum age?

• 28-11-2011 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering what the minimum age requirement is to go clay shooting. I've been a few times with the other half and now my 11 year old son expressed wants to go shooting with us but I thought he might be too young.

Is there an age set by law or is it down to a particular club's insurances?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Section 2(4)(d) of the Act has no mention of age so strictly speaking, it's not illegal if you're on an authorised range.

However, the ICPSA has a minimum age policy as I understand it, because of legal advice; also, your insurance may have a few thoughts on the matter; the authorisation itself can specify conditions including minimum ages; and the club may have some club rules on this.

Best advice is probably to call the range and ask, they'll know.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭youknowwho

Sparks wrote: »
    Section 2(4)(d) of the Act has no mention of age so strictly speaking, it's not illegal if you're on an authorised range.

However, the ICPSA has a minimum age policy as I understand it, because of legal advice; also, your insurance may have a few thoughts on the matter; the authorisation itself can specify conditions including minimum ages; and the club may have some club rules on this.

Best advice is probably to call the range and ask, they'll know.

Thanks for the reply Sparks

Advertisement