Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ex tormenting sons while in his care

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Thanks for updating us. Hopefully your ex gets the help he needs so your boys can start having a proper relationship with him. It may take some time, and there may be slip ups in the future if he does sort himself out, just take each day as it comes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Soccer Mom

January wrote: »
    Thanks for updating us. Hopefully your ex gets the help he needs so your boys can start having a proper relationship with him. It may take some time, and there may be slip ups in the future if he does sort himself out, just take each day as it comes.
    I will, and thanks January :)

I've just received the court paper work in the post, from my appearance in court on Thursday. What was written into it was:

"Under section 11 of the act on a question affecting the welfare of the infant, so, to wit, Discharge access order" and it was dated.

I'm ridiculously clueless when it comes to all their terminology :o am I right in saying that it means that I'm moving to revoke his access? I thought it might say something along the lines of 'revision of access order'. It seems like it's giving him a heads up of what I'm doing, given that it's questioning the welfare of a child etc. I didn't want him to know what I'm doing because he will have his slimey solicitor all over this. There will be a backlash of some sort from him.

I've tried googling it for a better definition, and all Im getting is the same jargon.

• Administrators Posts: 14,052 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

I think (but am in no way qualified to say for definite!) that because you applied for a variation of the access order that, in essence means, you are applying to discharge (end) the current order and put a new one in place.

Again, I am not qualified, but going by what you applied for, that is how I'd read that.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

You'll need to talk to a solicitor about that, people on here can't give legal advice or interpretation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I'm sorry Soccer Mom but we cannot give legal advice here... best thing to do would be to contact the FLAC centre or Treoir may be able to give you some advice.

I'm going to close this thread now, because you've got your court date and the case will be in camera.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement