Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forgot Suitcase in Taxi Saturday 3am

Options
  • 28-11-2011 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

Friend of mine came to visit Galway and arrived around 3am on Saturday morning. She and her boyfriend took a taxi from Eyre Square to Salthill and she put her suitcase into the boot. When they got home she totally forgot she had her suitcase still in the tax. She was traveling for a long time and was really tired so she forgot.

They don't remember the name of the taxi driver and are not sure if he works for a company or is independent. The luggage has items with her phone number but nobody called. They only remembered it was a black taxi driver but this is very common so not much to go by.

I know this is a very long shot but maybe somebody has an idea or maybe even the taxi driver visits boards.ie. I don't really have much hope here but you never know and sometimes you do get lucky.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ring all the taxi companies and ask. The driver may well have forgotten about it too and it's still there in the boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Not that it helps in an yway and I hope your friend gets the case back but a good tip for anyone reading this is to take down the taxi number when you get in or out of the taxi.

Started doing this after leaving my keys in a taxi and never getting them back. 10 seconds to take the number can save you a lot of grief

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Any chance that the area CCTV got her getting into the taxi and got its number? If she knows where and when she got the taxi she may be able to track it.

Also, if she got a receipt when she paid the taxi number should be on it.

Advertisement