Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inferno XXII - SSFIV:AE Tournament, Dublin 02/12/2011 Exchange, Temple Bar

Options
  • 28-11-2011 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭

Inferno will once again be held at Exchange Dublin on Saturday the 3rd of December.

Doors open at 10:00, registration will begin at 11:00 and close at 12:30. The tournament itself will start at 13:00. We should be finished up around 18:00.

Entry fee: 15 euro (10 euro goes to prize pool, 5 to venue rental/equipment expenses)

The format is groups into a top 16 double elimination bracket. All matches played are best of 3 in groups and in the top 16 bracket. We’ll be running on 360. Seeding is based on the last 3 tournament results. Please bring your own controller/converter!

Tournament Rules and Format
    Prize pot will be split 60/30/10 among the top 3 finishers.

Format is as follows, a seeded group stage followed by a double elimination stage. Each match in the group stage will consist of 3 sets with each set beings best of 3 rounds. The third set of a match in the group stages will only be played in the event of a tie after the second set. If one player wins the first 2 sets the third set is not played.

After the group stage is over a draw will take place to determine the first round upper bracket matches of the double elimination stage. Winners of a group will be randomly drawn against the runner ups of other groups. The first round of the lower bracket will also be a random draw from the players who lost in the first round of the upper brackets.

Each match in the double elimination stage will be best of 3 sets and each set is best of 3 rounds.

People who arrive after the tournament starts are not garunteed a place in the tournament but we will try to acommodate them if possible.

1. All characters are selectable.

2. Custom controllers and button configuration is allowed.

3. Turbo is banned. Anyone who is caught using this feature will be disqualified.

4. Players can change characters in each round of the double elimination phase. However once a match has started they may only change characters in a match after loosing a set. The winner of the first set must stick to his character he started the set with and may only change if he looses the second set, in which case the winner of the second set must then stick to the character he used in the second set.

4. Double Blind select available in the event of people being concerned about counter picking. An admin will assist with this if required.

5. Rock, paper, scissors is used in the event of people being unable to agree on which side they want to sit on.

6. In the event of a player pausing a game during a round or his stick/pad fails during a round, he forfeits the round unless both players agree to carry on. If there is a dispute an admin will resolve the dispute.

7. Players who are overly disruptive during a competition or who are distracting other players can be removed from the tournament at the discretion of the tournament admins.

8. All alt costumes are soft banned. A player can request that both characters have to use the default costume.

9. No white track suits please.

I cannot make it to this one, so someone else will have to take over for the day. The latest seed list should already be available on randomselect.ie

Will you be there to say good riddance to AE? 5 votes

Yes
    0%
    No
    100%
    K.O.KikiDwydwythe 1st hardterstev0knev022ladnopoka 5 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

For whomever is organising: I don't think I can make any Inferno in December.

So plan as if you won't have my set-up/actively pursue other people to bring theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

FFS I dont think I can make it. If I do go I'll be badly Hungover or still Drunk.

Going the Dawgs! Friday night

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭stev0knev022

No
    Any chance of changing the format of this Inferno, i really think there should be a marvel tourney and if the last inferno is any indication it's not like we'd be pressed for time.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Any chance of changing the format of this Inferno, i really think there should be a marvel tourney and if the last inferno is any indication it's not like we'd be pressed for time.

Id like this too. But I guess it's up to whoever wants to run it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

I'll be there!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Gonna try to be there. I'm still dying with the tooth but I want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Just found out my mother's coming home tomorrow after some time in hospital so I want to be there to welcome her back. So I wont be at this Inferno =[

Sorry for short notice

Just noticed Chopper said he cant make it... so who's running this?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Nominate... Dan.

Nominate... Dan.

Is Dan coming?

• Advertisement

Furthermore, to those coming, no one has asked about consoles, please bring them if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

I'm hoping to make this, unlikely to have a console with me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

i'll be there at around 12:30 with a UMVC copy and a console

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭stev0knev022

No
    2gen wrote: »
    i'll be there at around 12:30 with a UMVC copy and a console

Good work outta you :)

I'm getting the 11am bus so should be at the exchange about 11:40

Planning to be there around 11:30 myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

No
    Won't make it in.

You're all safe from the Tiger Uppercut.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I just got a phonecall from the Exchange. Apparently some people are there and nothing's set up. Everyone, barring a first timer should know where the equipment is and how to set up by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Wasn't able to get up today, had to look after my nephews.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Any reports on this at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

EVERYONE LOST.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

No
    SF
    1. ladnopoka
    2. Doyler
    3. Doom

Marvel